DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How stupid of Him

Rule #1.. If you're going to invest in a DJI Phantom 3 or 4 or any quality drone learn the rules and laws of owning a uav.

I thought you might be interested in this story: Man arrested for flying drone in path of helicopter at huge College Park fire, Man arrested for flying drone in path of helicopter at huge College Park fire

Sent via the FOX 5 DC Android

Yeah, I saw a recent story out here in the San Francisco Bay Area in which there was a midnight helicopter rescue operation going on along the coast of Half Moon Bay where some man fell halfway down the cliffside and needed rescue. But then some rescue worker noticed that there in the middle of the rescue operation in the middle of the night was an airborne drone hovering near the helicopter, creating a dangerous hazard with the possibility of a mid-air collision. The rescue helicopter had to abort its rescue and fly off. The police found the guy who was operating the drone and arrested him. The guy was 50-something years old, which I thought was surprising because I would have thought that anyone that old would have learned to not act like a complete fool and idiot.

Reactions: GetDatMoney
The guy was 50-something years old, which I thought was surprising because I would have thought that anyone that old would have learned to not act like a complete fool and idiot.

Stupid people do not seem to ever get smarter , they just become old stupid people .

Rule #1.. If you're going to invest in a DJI Phantom 3 or 4 or any quality drone learn the rules and laws of owning a uav.

I thought you might be interested in this story: Man arrested for flying drone in path of helicopter at huge College Park fire, Man arrested for flying drone in path of helicopter at huge College Park fire

Sent via the FOX 5 DC Android

I wouldn't necessarily fry that guy. From the headlines I assumed this was a wild land Fire where
One would expect firefighting aircraft in the area and that flights in the area were restricted.

According to the article, it was just a structure fire.

A reasonable person wouldn't necessarily think that a police helicopter would arrive on scene to assist the fire department. Since helicopters fly well over 100mph, it would be easy for one to sneak up on a drone.

It's also worth noting that nypd also made similiar claims, that they had to make evasive maneuvers to avoid a drone.....when the details came to light it was a lie. They were chasing the drone via helicopter.

I wasn't there and don't know the details, but there are two sides to this story.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr