DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to cache maps...

Alex El Caballo

Reactions
Hello oh wise oracles,
So I found this area in DJI GO4 in the map for this area in Colombia that I will be traveling to in a couple of weeks.
This area is remote and cell signal is weak if non-existent.
So this map of the area I am looking at is this what i can use to fly?
Also, how do I cache this map to use when I am there?
I have Lichi also at my disposal. Same procedure to cache maps in it?
I would appreciate any help with this...
I swear i feel like a Neanderthal when it comes to this craft....

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Skydog
Yes.

You don't have to do anything. If the map images are cached, you will see them in DJI GO.
I'm not experiencing the cacheing- unless I leave the app in memory. Once I unload the app, anything cached disappears.

Seems behavior has changed a bit since the map provider was changed a little while ago.

Yes this is another lovely feature of Her maps over Google.
The only way you can view them offline is to leave the app open.

What .... they don't cache anymore ???

Ok really stupid question but how do I know if im using Her Maps ??

Is Her iOS only or Android as well as mine still looks like Google maps ...

Last edited:
Android uses Here. I believe iOS uses Apple Maps now.

Ok so I have just done a quick test in the office ..... I loaded go 4 and went into map view and scrolled around a bit zoomed in and out and then logged out od go 4 and put my S6 into flight mode so everything apart from gps is disabled and then launched go 4 and the map is still there so it looks like the Her maps do cache ???

what am I missing here if people are now saying that they don't cache .. I am looking at the terrain detailed view.

also only getting cached maps on my nexus 7 droid if the app is left open. As I turn the device off enroute to conserve power it's a bit of a drag but to be honest I havent tried leaving it open and still switching the device off. I don't use it for anything else so not an issue for me if it works like that. Will post back if I find it does work regardless of powering down (though not expecting it to)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots