How to change from JPG to RAW?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by joonrhee, Nov 22, 2016.

1. joonrhee

joonrhee Member

I had to first look up the manual to see how to change to portrait mode. I read and understood that I have to first be in camera mode, then swipe left for options, then select portrait mode. However, I couldn't really find how to change from JPG to RAW mode for still photos.

Has anyone try taking RAW photos? Are the files worth processing or should I just stick with JPG? Just to give you my background, I've been a photographer for many years and thus my silly questions about camera functions..

Thanks in advance!

2. dsd317

dsd317 Well-Known Member

You've been a photographer for many years? I'm surprised your asking about "worth processing". Seriously though, I think it's depends on whether you get it right in-camera...and especially if you hate to post-process (like myself).

If the shot(s) you're trying to take has tricky lighting/exposure, then shoot in RAW...since it would allow more flexibility in post-processing. If you have great lighting/exposure, then shoot in JPG. Just my opinion.

3. joonrhee

joonrhee Member

I'm sorry but why are you surprised at my question? I was simply asking if it was worth processing because of such small file size. I'm spoiled by my Sony a7RII RAW files and thus my question on whether if this Mavic's files are worth processing. I'm afraid I might not able to push/pull/modify to my liking in post. Then again, I haven't tried processing a RAW file... and speaking of RAW, do you know how to change from JPG to RAW?

4. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

DJI-GO-Photo-Format.png

joonrhee likes this.
  5. joonrhee

joonrhee Member

Thank you so much msinger!