DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Find Lost Mavic

Spanishcop

Reactions
Is there a sticky or how to thread that shows how to get the last GPS coordinats for your Mavic should it fly away or something go wrong?

Luckily I'm blessed to not have experienced this like others I've read on here. But should that day happen... I have no clue if there is an option in settings I should have turned on or what software or options I have to obtain GPS location.

I know there is a Flight Log that shows flight trace of the drone but how do you get GPS coordinats incase you cannot pin point the location from flight log path?

Do you guys use any other device or options to maintain GPS location of drone on or even while powered off?

I think this would be a great sticky or thread if lot already. I looked around and have not found any stickies on this.

Thanks,
Mike

I know there is a Flight Log that shows flight
trace of the drone but how do you get GPS coordinats incase you cannot pin point the location from flight log path?
The TXT flight log will show the last recorded coordinates. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the Mavic will be at that location. You can find instructions for locating the TXT file here. You can find some tools for reading those flight logs here.

Do you guys use any other device or options to maintain GPS location of drone on or even while powered off?
You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

So as sophisticated as the Mavic Pro is.... They don't have any way of tracking or obtaining a GPS location of where it last obtained a GPS signal? I understand if your doing WIFI connection with drone... But with GPS connection and having upto 20 satellites connected sometimes how can there not be a GPS location where the Drone last had contact with satellites? I hate the thought of a payed subscription for GPS when the Drone should have something built in. Anyway to get GPS location from Mavic or Remote Controller/iPhone or device that is connected without adding a private GPS or subscription. Surely there is a way!

They don't have any way of tracking or obtaining a GPS location of where it last obtained a GPS signal?
The TXT flight log only logs information while the downlink is connected. Once the downlink disconnects, you'll have to piece together the missing information if your Mavic wasn't doing something obvious like auto landing at the time of the disconnect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S