DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Focus Properly

johndoedoes

Reactions
I was flying my buddy's Mavic Pro tonight and I kept telling him about the Auto Focus button that he needs to hit (I believe it's set to C1)?

Does he only need to hit that once or throughout the flight? We took some night videos and they turned out quite blurry.

This is an awesome machine but the camera has me worried about purchasing...

Reactions: Donnie Frank
You should only have to set the focus once if you set it to infinity. You can do that by tapping the sky or an object in the distance.

You should only have to set the focus once if you set it to infinity. You can do that by tapping the sky or an object in the distance.
Hold up! You're telling me you only have to tap the screen once to get it to Infinity...aka you don't have to focus again for the rest of the flight?

Is hitting C1 (Auto Focus) and tapping the screen the same thing?

When C1 is configured that way, it sets the focus to whatever is in the center of the screen in DJI GO. It does the same thing as tapping in the center of the screen.

Reactions: RFaust and MrEdCeD
How does the p4 do it? (excuse the noob question)

Move over parrot piece of crap! here comes the Mavic!!!

The P4's camera is permanently set at infinity focus.

I don't know. I can only assume DJI was trying to make the camera more useful.

The camera is more useful that way but does have this potential side effect if the user doesn't focus properly

Personally I think they should make it so it has an option to default to infinite focus (if they don't already.. I'm assuming they don't)

They don't have such an option, but it would be useful if possible.

I agree this feature is lacking. The worst thing is it seems to be at a default focus for something closeup until you tap the screen to set infinity. IMO, it only makes sense for this to be the opposite. It should default to infinity upon power up then can change focus by tapping on the screen after that.

Reactions: go fast and Rip
actually i agree with OP

the tap to focus would be great IF the MAVIC didn't have the tendency to loose the actual FOCUS.

I took a few videos at sunset or early evening over the week end, and one thing i noticed is that it would suddenly become blurry, with no reason, and without me even touching the screen...

So i tap to focus infinity, it will set to infinity (at some occasions with quite some delays while flying in mid air)...and then after some minutes, video will become blurry by itself..untill i tap to focus once again...

I didn't notice such behaviour is full day light so i presume it's linked to sunset time or low light evening times...

Reactions: johndoedoes
The tap to focus feature is great, but, I would agree to add to the new FW that infinite focus is set automatically and if I wish to focus on something nearer I would have to tap. I think this would make more sense.

Reactions: RFaust
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu