DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to force stop the Mavic?

Vetski

Reactions
Hey everyone! =)

So i've had a bit of an incident. I flew my drone to capture the sunset and it was absolutely magical.
On 'returning to home', however, it refused to land. It hovered at its 1.2 metres for several minutes.
I couldn't press the land or the home button as they were greyed out. So it just kept hovering, saying there was not enough light to land.
So I tried to grab it from the bottom, which I have done several times over the past few days and then it usually gives me the "land" option.

Alas, it did not, and it ricocheted off my hand, cutting my hand, and then proceeded to slash my left cheek up in 3 places. I ended up in the ER and needed stitches.

The doc said I'll be getting a pretty gnarly scar, but i'm totally still going to fly!

So i'm just wondering if anyone can help me out.
Is there a way to FORCE the blades to stop spinning? It was literally 1.2 metres from the ground and it wouldn't give me any options to land, it just kept saying there was insufficient light. Something I cannot change in ambient light.

I don't want to abandon my drone if it won't let me land it, but I don't think my boyfriend will put up with taking me to the ER for slashing my face up playing with my drone too many times =D

Cheers in advance, thanks for reading =)

Attachments

• 19149016_10155554628043825_1056704169099796707_n.jpg
    19149016_10155554628043825_1056704169099796707_n.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 527
  • 19244454_10155554804658825_1082001405_n.jpg
    19244454_10155554804658825_1082001405_n.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 487
Did you use the left stick to try and land and not the app?
Also if the Landing Protection is on the MP will try to rise if you grab it underneath, there are a few techniques to learn if trying hand land.

Last edited:
CSC, is what it is called, push both sticks to the bottom inside. It will cause the motors to stop.

Reactions: Vetski
Did you use the left stick to try and land and not the app?
Also if the Landing Avoidance is on the MP will try to rise if you grab it underneath, there are a few techniques to learn if trying hand land.
I only tried to use the app... =(

CSC, is what it is called, push both sticks to the bottom inside. It will cause the motors to stop.
Oh... Thank you very much! I will try that next time...
Tempted to go out and try it now but i'm still a bit scared. And scarred lol

Reactions: garben
Sorry to see your injuries, hope they heal without too much scarring.
Best to try and get used to the Remote Control and not rely too much on the App so you know how to deal with things if the App crashes.
Good to see you are still positive with flying. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Sjez and Vetski
Oh... Thank you very much! I will try that next time...
Tempted to go out and try it now but i'm still a bit scared. And scarred lol

CSC will by default only stop the motors if the drone is in emergency mode (e.g. in a tree..), you need to change the setting in the app to allow CSC to stop the motors at any time... but I'd start with switching landing protection off, that way it shouldn't refuse to land. And if you do end up needing to hand catch it then go up to about 1,8m and give yourself a better chance at catching it from below..

Reactions: Chirp
Sorry to see your injuries, hope they heal without too much scarring.
Best to try and get used to the Remote Control and not rely too much on the App so you know how to deal with things if the App crashes.
Good to see you are still positive with flying. Thumbswayup
Yes I will defo be trying to master the RC instead of relying on the app. I've heard that the app doesn't run too well with android, but i'm yet to have a hiccup prior to this. I will be testing out the RC force landing asap... With a few metres clearance that is =D

Yes I will defo be trying to master the RC instead of relying on the app. I've heard that the app doesn't run too well with android, but i'm yet to have a hiccup prior to this. I will be testing out the RC force landing asap... With a few metres clearance that is =D

I'm not sure if you're referring to CSC but keep in mind that it will literally fall from the sky if you do that mid flight... pushing the altitude stick down is the safer (and saner) thing to do.

Hope you heal well, with that, I have hand caught my mavic several times. I had too if I wanted to fly as soon as I got it, I hand launched and hand caught my first 5 or 6 flights, You just need to grab it and HOLD tight while pulling that left stick down until motors stop. Scary but totally doable.

Hope you heal well, with that, I have hand caught my mavic several times. I had too if I wanted to fly as soon as I got it, I hand launched and hand caught my first 5 or 6 flights, You just need to grab it and HOLD tight while pulling that left stick down until motors stop. Scary but totally doable.
I saw a guy do it on a tutorial... Alas, he did not tell the viewers about the left stick hold down tactic =(

Reactions: Varekai
I'm not sure if you're referring to CSC but keep in mind that it will literally fall from the sky if you do that mid flight... pushing the altitude stick down is the safer (and saner) thing to do.
If it's 1.2 metres from the ground i'm not too worried. I wouldn't do it from the sky =)

If it's 1.2 metres from the ground i'm not too worried. I wouldn't do it from the sky =)
1.2 meters will significantly damage the Mavic, only use the CSC when the drone is on the ground or in (an unforeseeable in my opinion) emergency.

Reactions: MavicScot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7