DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get a .JPG photo out of my .MP4 video?

TrayBoz

Reactions
I'm new to editing videos and photos on the Mac. The only tool/software I really have for this is IMovie, which is an incredible little (free) program - especially for a photog newbie like me.

Is there an easy way to just take ONE FRAME from one of my .MP4 videos and convert it to a simple picture file, like a .JPG?

Reactions: CaveDrone
It is super simple. On Quicktime, pause the screen you want the frame from, hit Copy. Then, in Photoshop or any other photo editing program, make a new file (it will be the same size as your frame) and Paste into that new file. Save or Export in your preferred format.

Reactions: VortexSpin
Thank you Cheebs. That was too easy.

Do you recommend a good/EASY cheap (or free) photo editing software program for the Mac? I just downloaded Photoscape X (free) but haven't tried it yet

Thank you Cheebs. That was too easy.

Do you recommend a good/EASY cheap (or free) photo editing software program for the Mac? I just downloaded Photoscape X (free) but haven't tried it yet

TBH I use Photoshop a lot so paying $10/mo is acceptable to me. I have little to no experience with the less expensive or free programs, but doing a quick run through the App Store turns up a lot of cheap and free results. Go for the one with the best ratings, it should be enough for what you want to do.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett