DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get your drone back when somone else finds it.

j3rm

Reactions
If you have DJI Refresh, you need the drone back to get it fixed. You should always be able to see your drone while flying it but some times things happen and the drone is not where it looks like it crash landed.

I've come up with a way to catch almost anyones eye when they see my drone. Of course you can put a bright vinyl sticker on it but that doesn't guarantee a return. First step is to properly label the drone with your contact info and FAA registration.

Second take a $1.00 and a laser paper labeler. Images explain the rest.

Money is water proof. So even if you land the drone in water and someone else finds it, the money should still be visible, not faded. I used a DYMO laser labeler, so no ink and water issues.

View media item 471

Well shoot, I'm going to have to use a $5 bill here in Canada, got rid of our 1's years ago. Maybe I should offer a months worth of Tim Horton's coffee, some people seem to like it up here :D

Reactions: choo choo
If you have DJI Refresh, you need the drone back to get it fixed. You should always be able to see your drone while flying it but some times things happen and the drone is not where it looks like it crash landed.

I've come up with a way to catch almost anyones eye when they see my drone. Of course you can put a bright vinyl sticker on it but that doesn't guarantee a return. First step is to properly label the drone with your contact info and FAA registration.

Second take a $1.00 and a laser paper labeler. Images explain the rest.

Money is water proof. So even if you land the drone in water and someone else finds it, the money should still be visible, not faded. I used a DYMO laser labeler, so no ink and water issues.

View media item 471
You may want to turn the dollar around. As it's facing, it will act like a sail and create drag on the right side. Your drone will start to pull right as a result, or burn more power to compensate.

Great Point. I may even take the iron to the $1 as to flatten it more and create less drag in any direction.
Thanks

You guys are too nice. Too much carrot, not enough stick.

I've labelled mine with this message...

"WARNING: BIOWEAPONRY RESEARCH INC. THIS DRONE IS CARRYING THE HERBASIMPLEX 10 RETROVIRUS. IF YOU CAN READ THIS MESSAGE YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. FOR ANTIDOTE PLEASE CALL NUMBER AND RETURN DRONE WITHIN 24 HOURS TO AVOID 99.73% CHANCE OF FATALITY"

I was thinking about toning it down.

Maybe reduce the percentage a little or give them 48 hours, what do you think?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair