DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to record sound on go 4 app.

pilot1

Reactions
I see no provision on my GO 4 app for the Mavic to record sound on my iphone 7.
Please tell me where on the app and do I need to change anything on my phone settings.
I have version 4.0.3
Aircraft and remote version 01.03.0500

Reactions: Moviebuf2
Under general settings. Record Audio with Video Cache

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 71
My screen shows "Clear Cache Automatically" Then the next window down is Clear Video Cache.I do not have a window that shows " Record Audio with Video Cache"

I see no provision on my GO 4 app for the Mavic to record sound on my iphone 7.
Please tell me where on the app and do I need to change anything on my phone settings.
I have version 4.0.3
Aircraft and remote version 01.03.0500

Update your DJI GO 4 App to the latest version 4.0.6
Audio recording function while caching video was added since version 4.0.5 (iOS)

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding dumb, how do I update the app?
When I received the Mavic this past Monday, this is the app that downloaded into it upon first start-up.

At the risk of sounding dumb, how do I update the app?
When I received the Mavic this past Monday, this is the app that downloaded into it upon first start-up.
  • Go to your iPhone's home screen and tap on the App Store icon.
  • After the App Store opens, tap the Updates icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  • Tap the Update All button at the top of the screen (if you want to update all Apps).
  • Enter your password (if requested) and wait for your apps to update. Some apps may have an alert you'll need to respond to before the update will install, so wait a few seconds in case one comes up so you can acknowledge it.

Thank you for the details Pushpak. I am in the process of doing it now. Will this also automatically update the drone as well.
I am having problems with losing GPS signal for no reason and going to ATTI mode.
I just finished the download. In the 'about" section it does show 4.0.6 yet the controller continues to show "check app" even after i have restarted it.

Thank you for the details Pushpak. I am in the process of doing it now. Will this also automatically update the drone as well.
I am having problems with losing GPS signal for no reason and going to ATTI mode.
I just finished the download. In the 'about" section it does show 4.0.6 yet the controller continues to show "check app" even after i have restarted it.

In regards to losing GPS, you need to re-calibrate compass.
Go out to an open grassy field and do a compass calibration (aka compass dance).
Remove keys, belt, watch and anything metallic.
Unfold all arms, remove gimbal clamp and dome. Keep mavic flat, raise the mavic above your head and spin 360 until the rear light changes blinking then drop nose down (ignore the screen - it will say to turn mavic sideways) and spin 360 again.

Will this also automatically update the drone as well.
NO, the above mentioned steps is for updating iOS Apps only. Whenever there is an update for your drone, it will notify you in DJI GO4 App (when its connected).

Do compass calibration (as what Mako79 said above). Also, check out for interferences.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun