DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to record the screen?

wnfaknd

Reactions
So I've seen lots of videos of what seems to be recordings of your mobile device's screen as you fly the drone, showing all the details that show on the dji-go app.
I would assume this is some app that is able to record the screen? If thats the case, can anyone recommend an app for that? And is it free?

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I'm pretty sure there are apps that do this on Android devices. The only way to screen capture on ios that I know of without a jailbreak is to connect the device to a mac and screen capture from QuickTime on the Mac. The down side to this is you have be plugged into the mac which can't be done when you are plugged into the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: stealle
Mobizen works on Android. I saw it in Michael Kincaids Mavic videos. (He does a lot of excellent videos with the Mobizen screen capture) I downloaded, installed and have run a number of tests - seems to work well.

Check out AirShou for iPhone, it's not on the App Store but you can install from here: AirShou

Haven't tried on DJI Go app yet as I don't have my Mavic Pro yet but works perfectly on other apps.

Reactions: wnfaknd
Still now on iOS10? I remember reading a month or so ago they were giving up and pulling the recording functionality.

So I just tried the AirShou app out and it's not really stable. Video playback freezes up at a random points and never recovers. It unfortunate that they are pulling support for the screen record feature. It would be nice to have. Running it on an iPhone 6s Plus.

For iPhone try pressing the home key and on/off key together (at the same time) and the phone will take a snapshot of the screen and put it in your photos. I haven't tried it with the App connected to the Mavic but definitely works with any other screen on the iPhone.

I have finally found a stable screen recording app that works for ios devices that doesn't require any weird installs. The app is found in the app store. It's CoolPixel - Amazing Video Editor by xu jun
https://appsto.re/us/13UJgb.i

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots iPhone 7 Plus

It's free for videos under 2 minutes or something like that but the paid upgrade is not that bad either. I tried it tonight and captured a 17 minute screen recording of a flight and was able to export it out with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots iPhone 7 Plus

Currently, I'm using a desktop app call Acethinker iPhone screen recorder that mirrors my iPhone screen to the computer and use its screen recording function to make videos. It's not that direct, but it works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost