DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to save (potentially) $140 on the purchase of a Mavic (USA only)

RyanK

Reactions
So I just purchased my first Mavic today. (I've been using Phantoms for years though). Here is what I did to save (in the longrun) $140 on the purchase.

1. Have a Kroger or Kroger affiliate with gas station nearby
2. Open Kroger app on your phone and select the 4x fuel points coupon
3. Purchase $1000 in Amazon gift cards (go buy Mavic with gift cards)
4. Fill up two cars at once (or an RV or something big if you have it) and try your best to get to 35 gallons when you fill up using 1000 fuel points each time. You'll need to do this 4 times by the end of May. If you can pull that off, you will save $35 each fillup, saving a total of $140 when you're done.
Good luck!

Nice, there were a couple other things I looked at.

• Buying through a DJI referral link should earn you a 5% commission (about $60 off the Fly More pack). Not sure if buying for yourself through your own referral link is excluded from the program's T&C, so YMMV.
  • There's a discussion on Slickdeals of people buying them through ABJDrones, who are currently selling them (through a weird quoting process I'm guessing is to get around minimum-advertised-prices) for $1,210, or about $90 off.
Not as significant of savings, but maybe a bit easier, and open to people who live outside of Kroger's footprint.

Reactions: RyanK
So I just purchased my first Mavic today. (I've been using Phantoms for years though). Here is what I did to save (in the longrun) $140 on the purchase.

1. Have a Kroger or Kroger affiliate with gas station nearby
2. Open Kroger app on your phone and select the 4x fuel points coupon
3. Purchase $1000 in Amazon gift cards (go buy Mavic with gift cards)
4. Fill up two cars at once (or an RV or something big if you have it) and try your best to get to 35 gallons when you fill up using 1000 fuel points each time. You'll need to do this 4 times by the end of May. If you can pull that off, you will save $35 each fillup, saving a total of $140 when you're done.
Good luck!

What's a "Kroger"?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll