DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to tell multicoated lens

Reactions
So got my "multicoated" lens from Taco-rc but they didn't send the 64 in the pack which is fine business's make mistakes ( a little too often imo) but it got me thinking what if they didn't send what I ordered and could be the regular lens instead of the multicoated ones that cost more? If anyone knows how to test without a meter that would be great!

I have the same lens and they don't include the 64. Just cp nd 4 ,8,16,32

When you pay 87.99 and it says it's included then that's what I expect lol they have a couple different packages

Hope others avoiding my experience...

Through Amazon by mistake ordered non coated Taco filters, over next few days requested, approved and reimbursed with instructions to print return label and attach to return package. At same time, two days after first order I ordered coated lenses. Recieved package opened looked at invoice, did not copy, looked for COATED word not seen, by memory. Returned package. Never recieved second package. Communication with Taco stated shipped and I recieved second order. Maybe first order intercepted and returned? Or sent as second order? Over 20 emails 21 days later, filed clam with Amazon. Taco appeared to be a complete run around.
Like I was communicating with different individuals for the first time. Amazon keeps records of all emails. I also directly emailed Taco Store. One issue Taco had first order number with second ship number. Three times requested and I sent my return ship number.
I'm two weeks without filters. Bright summer sun, sky light and reflective river light...Wast of time to shoot video without filters.

Amazon great A+ to work with. Should have called them a week ago.

As soon as my claim settled, money refunded I will reorder coated Taco lenses. :confused:

Seven hours after Amazon clam filed I received email stating "We have closed your A-to-z Guarantee claim for order 113-2209139-2178648. We took this action because the seller has refunded the order".

For two weeks Taco avoided solving my issue. Over 20 emails, round and round, back and forth. Seven hours after Amazon involved issue is solved.
Something is wrong hear.

BTW, Taco lens set priced $75.99 on Amazon $72.99 at Taco with free shipping. The question is do I risk direct Taco order and not have Amazon clam guarantee in case of issues. Three dollars insurance...

So got my "multicoated" lens from Taco-rc but they didn't send the 64 in the pack which is fine business's make mistakes ( a little too often imo) but it got me thinking what if they didn't send what I ordered and could be the regular lens instead of the multicoated ones that cost more? If anyone knows how to test without a meter that would be great!

Below link explains how to tell coated or non coated
https://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/filter/filter-coated.html

New order Taco lens arrived in a box marked ND lenes, inside Filters marked MC with #, assuming Multi Coated, no invoice or paperwork.

Installed #32 filter, camera on manual settings, great improvement over no filter. Blue sky and water great. Only issue I noticed was when flying over brown wild grass area, observed a darker browning bottom sides of video.

Will be testing to confirm coated and turning filter on lens for best results.

Happy to finally have filters!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929