DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to watch videos

Golfnut

Reactions
This is the last problem I thought I would have but I'm having difficulty finding the best way to watch my 2K MP videos. I have fairly new Samsung TV's but they won't play anything with greater than 1080p resolution. My WD TV Plus won't read the mp4 or mov files produced by the MP. My android TV can't recognize NTFS or EXFAT drives so it's useless. Sony Playstation...forget it. I don't have a 4K TV but there's no shortage of tech toys in my house. Short of hooking my Mac directly via HDMI I can't find any other way of playing these 2K videos.

Did you miss type that? Did you mean no way to play your 4K MP videos?

This is the last problem I thought I would have but I'm having difficulty finding the best way to watch my 2K MP videos. I have fairly new Samsung TV's but they won't play anything with greater than 1080p resolution. My WD TV Plus won't read the mp4 or mov files produced by the MP. My android TV can't recognize NTFS or EXFAT drives so it's useless. Sony Playstation...forget it. I don't have a 4K TV but there's no shortage of tech toys in my house. Short of hooking my Mac directly via HDMI I can't find any other way of playing these 2K videos.

I'm confused. The resolution of your display is what dictates the output. Are you that good that you're going from flight to playback with no post production? I mean, I shoot 4k sometimes and have problem with playback on displays that are only Full HD but I know I'm not seeing the video in its full glory - so again, I'm confused about your complaint.

First of all, it's not a complaint. Secondly, there are people in this world who just want to watch the video they shot without spending hours on post production. My question was what methods are people using to watch their 2.7K videos. I have several ways of watching USB devices but none of them is working. There is something going on with the mp4 files being created by the MP. They are not compatible with any of my playback devices. If the answer is to buy a specific playback device then that's what I will need to do. I want to take the SD card out of the MP, copy the files to a USB drive and watch them on my non-4K TV.

First of all, it's not a complaint. Secondly, there are people in this world who just want to watch the video they shot without spending hours on post production. My question was what methods are people using to watch their 2.7K videos. I have several ways of watching USB devices but none of them is working. There is something going on with the mp4 files being created by the MP. They are not compatible with any of my playback devices. If the answer is to buy a specific playback device then that's what I will need to do. I want to take the SD card out of the MP, copy the files to a USB drive and watch them on my non-4K TV.

Your attitude sucks but anyway, since you're having an issue playing back the file on anything besides your computer, it's not a file issue, it's a CODEC issue. CODEC's and formats are two different things. Have a nice day.

I like to view my videos straight from the Mavic as well. I've got a little $100 8" windows 10 tablet with an SD card slot which will directly play the raw Mavic footage at any resolution (I usually shoot in 2.7k). Of course, the max res of the screen is only 1080, but it'll play Mavic 4K files in the windows movie viewer with no problem at all. It also has an HDMI out port which I can connect to my 1080p Samsung TV. Super simple, and it looks spectacular on the big screen.

Everything made in the past ~3 years (TVs, blu-ray players, consolesd, media players...) support up to 4K so in a fairly up to date home you'll find loads of options, but it seems your gizmos are older than that.

2.7k isn't really a standard resolution so some embedded players also won't support it even if they can do 4K.

Personally, computer or 4K samsung TV.

[Your attitude sucks]

Says the guy whos first reply was being a ********,lol

[ Are you that good that you're going from flight to playback with no post production?]

I'd also like to know how to watch footage straight from the MP's SD card on a non 4k TV. No post productions or anything like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair