DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How YOU Dooin'?? from Brooklyn!, NY

sportfisher23

Reactions
Hi,
Have had my Mavic since mid December. All you guys have such gorgeous scenery. Here in New York there's nothing to photograph ! ;)

Anyway, I have real and rc foam airplane experience, tipped over my helicopters enough to know they're not my thing! I was previously using a Blade 200QX quad with a Mobius camera. This is a whole new world !!

I primarily end up taking night scenes / citiscapes. Usually due to time at work and wanting to stay far enough away from buildings and stuff. Trying to be organized enough to get up and take daily dawn / sunrise pix to start my day but seem to be stuck to the bed! In the summer I'll be taking pix and follow me video off a boat.
Lost a couple of 200QXs that way!

Also I have to mention I pre ordered my Mavic from Brooklyn Drones on 4th Avenue and 2nd Street in Brooklyn. I was his 3rd order on 9/29/2016 within his initial batch. Nice folks there. I recommend!

Best of Luck in the New Year!

vsk

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum vsk . :)

Just signed up and already learned a cupla things! Reading the Lost and Found thread by Loz was scary and saw obstacle avoidance interference from the sun.
This has not happened with me even though I take a decent percentage of sunset and sunrise pix. At least something to be aware of.
Have a lot of reading to do!

vsk

Hi,
Have had my Mavic since mid December. All you guys have such gorgeous scenery. Here in New York there's nothing to photograph ! ;)

Anyway, I have real and rc foam airplane experience, tipped over my helicopters enough to know they're not my thing! I was previously using a Blade 200QX quad with a Mobius camera. This is a whole new world !!

I primarily end up taking night scenes / citiscapes. Usually due to time at work and wanting to stay far enough away from buildings and stuff. Trying to be organized enough to get up and take daily dawn / sunrise pix to start my day but seem to be stuck to the bed! In the summer I'll be taking pix and follow me video off a boat.
Lost a couple of 200QXs that way!

Also I have to mention I pre ordered my Mavic from Brooklyn Drones on 4th Avenue and 2nd Street in Brooklyn. I was his 3rd order on 9/29/2016 within his initial batch. Nice folks there. I recommend!

Best of Luck in the New Year!

vsk
Brooklyn in the house. I am getting mine from Brooklyn Drones as well. I was number 32 when I put money down in December. Should get it this week or next based on my #7 position.

I live and work in redhook so I cannot wait to send this thing out for some flying.

Good to know there are more of us in Brooklyn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

I have flown from Bush Terminal Park on 43rd St and 1St. Ave. I am dying to go to the Valentino Pier. Especially when the QM2 is docked in Red Hook. Williamsburg should have some cool sites as well.
I bicycle commute (Used to! Brrr!) a lot and this will fit well in the messenger bag when I ride around.

vsk

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
I have flown from Bush Terminal Park on 43rd St and 1St. Ave. I am dying to go to the Valentino Pier. Especially when the QM2 is docked in Red Hook. Williamsburg should have some cool sites as well.
I bicycle commute (Used to! Brrr!) a lot and this will fit well in the messenger bag when I ride around.

vsk

OK - so we have probably passed each other on the bridges if you bike as well.

Might I say that the small footprint of this drone is the reason for the purchase. So I can carry it wherever without that huge turtle hump on my back with my other drone.

My Insta: @onespeedfixed

This thing will supplement my feed greatly. I plan on really delving into the active track when riding my bike.

*And it was worse riding the bike into work yesterday than this morning.

I'm @realvsk I use mostly a Canon sx610hs on my belt but a Nikon P900 for the zoomophelia I have. Mavic pix will be obvious! hahaha

I Go from Bay Ridge to midtown on a green and white Olmo with Shimano 9 speed. Been real lazy the last few months. Work, cold, new drone! etc.

vsk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore