DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

MrWonderful

Reactions
Hi all!

I had a DraganFlyer back in 2003. Got mildly proficient at flying it, but hadn't really had it out in years. So, I'm fairly new to the field of 'Automated Drones.'

I just received my Mavic Pro at the end of January with the plan of taking some great video / pictures during our trip to Italy this summer. And I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all the good folks here.

In return, I can share some of my lessons learned so far:
1) Give yourself more than 1 ft of clearance all around when attempting to fly indoors without GPS.
2) DO NOT attempt to launch from an eleventh floor patio during high, gusty winds (again, without GPS.)

The second one was really unnerving, but please learn from my mistakes. ;-)

P.S. Has anyone else noticed the Mavic doesn't like to respond consistently to controller input while it is attempting to get a GPS lock?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Has anyone else noticed the Mavic doesn't like to respond consistently to controller input while it is attempting to get a GPS lock?
I always wait for a GPS lock before taking off.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett