DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from SF Bay Area

egrep

Reactions
Hey there! I've got a P3P, P4P and have had a variety of other aircraft over the years. I don't see that well and etc, so quadcopters really have allowed me to enjoy being airborne. I am an amateur photographer and an engineer. Add all these up and the P4P especially with it's camera is a great way to drill into a mixed set of disciplines to get an end result. PIloting, photographing, processing images and data, too much fun. I'm heavily into automation, so third party software is what it's all about for me.

Well, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, thanks for having me!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum egrep . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hm, I'm sure I posted a hello in this thread. Maybe an admin thought it was off-topic, but I know egrep would have understood it. I noticed the user egrep's name (which is a Unix command) and gave an example of its use. The command I showed was a simple example of automation for the DJI Mavic files that you can collect. If an admin DID remove content silently without any indication, I find that to be a disappointing non-useful way to manage the site.

Hm, I'm sure I posted a hello in this thread. Maybe an admin thought it was off-topic, but I know egrep would have understood it. I noticed the user egrep's name (which is a Unix command) and gave an example of its use. The command I showed was a simple example of automation for the DJI Mavic files that you can collect. If an admin DID remove content silently without any indication, I find that to be a disappointing non-useful way to manage the site.
It appeared to be a mistake post as the content ("After three days")did not fit within a hello thread. Sometime people post things in the wrong area. We get a lot of "reports" where it was meant to be a reply to a thread. Sorry about that, I will restore it. ;)

Thanks, LuvMyTJ. I probably should have added a little extra text for others. That command showed that after only three days of flying, there were already 111 image/movie files on my computer. The key being that I was using the 'egrep' command to find them. I do think a little private note from an admin would be of use, when things get removed.

And more importantly... hello, egrep!

Thanks for the kind greets folks! I only yesterday figured out I'd flown into the wrong group. But I will likely get a Mavic 2 Pro in half a year! I've got the more ungainly Phantoms. That Mavic is a slick bird! Clear Skies!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent