DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hudson Valley New York

Lone Wolf 58

Reactions
Located in the newburgh area. Would look forward to hearing from others in my area about good places to fly or information about issues with drones in general.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: projectarjun
Thanks. Uploaded it last night. I do like it better as it gives contact information for the airports. Thanks again

Just got my new Mavic. Have you found anywhere to fly? I'm right across the river. Looking for places. Stewart's really messed things up.

Thanks. Uploaded it last night. I do like it better as it gives contact information for the airports. Thanks again

Just got my new Mavic. Have you found anywhere to fly? I'm right across the river. Looking for places. Stewart's really messed things up.

Not yet been house bound due to injury right now and all this snow sucks. Hoping to get out soon. Was thinking about the park in beacon were they launch the kayaks. Lots of room and not crowded

located in hopewell junction, ny.. i build custom quadcopters, multi-rotors and am always looking for cool places to fly.
Have you ever flown over Brennan's island or know about any close access. Didn't want to fly to it from across the river.

I wanted to do the same right by the beacon train station stop.
I think it would be better at the kayak Park location. Less. Crowded and better parking. Would love to fly further south to Brennan's island where the castle is. That would be great picture.[emoji2]

You know you can still fly you just need to contact the tower and let them know. Should be okay

You know you can still fly you just need to contact the tower and let them know. Should be okay

The FAA app B4UFLY puts me out of the 5 mile radius of Stewart's, the Middle Hope "airport" doesn't have a control tower, and Neither does St. Luke's Helipad. So I think I'm good!

Yes I would say your okay to fly. We try our best to comply and conform but sometimes you got to do what you have to do. In the end, common sense rules the day.
You are exactly right.. as long as you don't do anything to cause damage or injury to people or property they will most likely leave you along.. just gotta be smart.

Have you ever flown over Brennan's island or know about any close access. Didn't want to fly to it from across the river.
Wow I didn't even think about that! That would be awesome. . Come to think of it breakneck Ridge would also be cool to fly.. got a hike up the mountain but the view is awesome! I know there are hiking trails all over that area I will check it out and let you know.

Matt

I've wanted to take pictures of that island for years. I think it would be great. Let me know how you make out. There are some nice places off of RT 301 as well.

I live in Washingtonville, I have to drive before I put the bird up, I am no more than a mile and a half from the runways,sucks being so close.

Reactions: Lone Wolf 58
Why drive. Do they have a tower. If you contact them you can fly. You can even if they don't. You just need to keep the altitude below 400 ft. I myself since you stated you were about a mile from the runway would keep it lower say 200 ft. But that's up to you.

Reactions: Pumbaa
Why drive. Do they have a tower. If you contact them you can fly. You can even if they don't. You just need to keep the altitude below 400 ft. I myself since you stated you were about a mile from the runway would keep it lower say 200 ft. But that's up to you.
They do have a very active tower, they have Army National Guard C130s taking off as well as C5 Galaxy's and commercial jets, ie Delta, Jet Blue, etc. so I have to drive to fly, much to busy air space to fly, even at 200' it's a gamble being so close. In a straight line in aeronautical distance the 1.5 driving land miles is even shorter to about 3/4 of a mile in air miles to the runways.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000