DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hy guys my name is mike

cruzroy

Reactions
i got a mavic 3 weeks ago and its still in box......i wanted to know how many flights do you get from the small controller before you have to charge....thanks

i wanted to know how many flights do you get from the small controller before you have to charge
You'll get 4-6 flights on one charge.

i noticed people having problems with controller trying to charge phone once you plug in, is this true?, caz that would eat battery quick

its a good practice to have it fully charged or above 80% before each flight, you never know... Android phones (except some) tend to charge while flying without the ability to stop it. However, if rooted, there are a few apps that can stop cell charging and provide you with a bit more juice

With most android phones, which charge from the controller you typically get to fly 3 batteries. With iOS ones which don't you get the 4-6. Some have reported that some android phones drew even more power and they could only get 1-2, but that's rare.

is this a smart thing to do, caz i will be using the Nvidia Sheild and it seems that androids have problems , i think alot of flyaways or controller shutdown issues are due to this issue

Reactions: MavicAirMike
one way is the above (hardware), the one you mentioned. Another would be to root your Shield and try via app (Software). You can try both respectively and test it out urself. I would test HW option more thoroughly by flying in short distance first. Hope the best

""Another would be to root your Shield and try via app "" you want me to brick my sheild ???? LOL
i feel safer cuting a wire if i know it wont affect DJI-GO app.......i brick a nexus once....not good at that sort of thing

i got a mavic 3 weeks ago and its still in box......i wanted to know how many flights do you get from the small controller before you have to charge....thanks

I've only been out on three outings so far (I'm new too), and I've made sure to have all batteries involved, completely charged. I have comeback with half to 3/4 (judging on lights on the controller) after flying all three batteries to 20%.

Note: My Android is a Samsung Mega, with no service ... it's just used as a monitor for my drone setup. Don't think that makes much difference, other than the phone doesn't use as much power as someone else, possibly.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Get yourself a USB solar powered battery charger. There's enough charge in that to completely charge the controller plus plenty more and even more if you keep it pointed to direct sunlight. If you ever find yourself with a low battery on your controller, you can use it away from electrical supplies to get it back in shape. Worked for me. I accidentally left my charger on one day and when I went to use it, found myself only 20%. I kept it on the charger for an hour and it had completely recovered. Fortunate too because I had the best photographic opportunities that I could have imagined that day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User