DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I hate cinematic mode at this moment

Will Falcon

Reactions
If Cinematic mode is enabled it's VERY hard to position Mavic at excact point with POV from above.
It allowes me to move smoothly in horizontal axis only.

BUT RUDDER is STILL JERKY JERKY JERKY!!!!
I am tired to adjust and readjust all the settings and it STILL JERKY
I've spent a tons of hours trying to change sensitivity\exp settings etc.

AND rudder is STILL JERKY!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Last edited:
I've tried to change my sensitivity on the RC but didn't have much luck. I finally just got really slow with the sticks and leave it in tripod mode. That helped a ton.

I've tried to change my sensitivity on the RC but didn't have much luck. I finally just got really slow with the sticks and leave it in tripod mode. That helped a ton.

Tripod is soooooo slow =(
I need to get smoother rudder only. Another functions are fine.

What exactly is cinematic mode supposed to do?

Just takes out the heavy breaking so when you let go of the sticks it glides to a halt...to me it feels like atti mode but with a gps lock once it stops.

I want cinematic mode to allow me to follow for my moving target for example.
It should include rudder\pan camera moves.
But rudder starts and stops like a robot.

Reduce your rudder speed and increase rudder expo to above 50 and this should smooth it out. I find the rudder easier with smaller stick inputs so it moves as soon as I put input in.

Reactions: superdave5050
Reduce your rudder speed and increase rudder expo to above 50 and this should smooth it out. I find the rudder easier with smaller stick inputs so it moves as soon as I put input in.

I already checked and changed all combinations except gain.
EXP values: 0.1...0.9
And sensitivity (Yaw movment limit): 50...250

EXP does not make significant difference, just a little bit.
Sensitivity does, but it makes rudder facter only and jerky.

Looks like you are pretty aggressive on that rudder stick!
Almost looked sped up!

Looks like you are pretty aggressive on that rudder stick!
Almost looked sped up!
Yeah, but the other functions in cinematic mode such as horizontal movement are fine... with the same stick frequency =(

To me, the sticks on the MP controller are pretty awful compared to my 3 other std rc controllers, i will have a play with mine at some point and see what i can come up with, it's pretty windy out atm here in the UK.

Yeah, but the other functions in cinematic mode such as horizontal movement are fine... with the same stick frequency =(

Simply because those movements are inherently less apparent even at the same "amplitude".

Reduces braking and yaw endpoint.

The Mavic controller's sticks have some deadband that casues much of the sensitivity difficulties. Probably becasue those small magnetic gimbals had too much centering imprecision.

Reactions: AyeYo
Probably becasue those small magnetic gimbals had too much centering imprecision.

It can be fixed with small software based exponential function that could translate stick movement values to nice drone movement.
It works almost perfectly with horizontal Mavic movement but YAW.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929