DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i just received it : RC CABLE REVERSED !!!

bucefalo

Reactions
Hello everyone ,

finally today i received the RC CABLE REVERSED ! Many of you, probably, had the same problem as i did with the RC cable that came with Mavic pro !
On my android smartphone(oppo r7 plus) it could not connect from both the small usb connectors cause my phone as USB plug " reversed " if i look at it from the back side it looks like a "SMILE"
i found this over aliexpress:
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
and finally i can use the small usb cable ( which is cool cause it doesn't POP OUT from the body of the remote controller ...the caused me a not ergonomic hold on RC)

i hope it jelps the other people having the same " issue " :)

Reactions: NotMyDrone
The reversed Micro USB cable can also be purchased here on Amazon or directly from DJI here.

Last edited:
Here's the funny (and sad) thing. When I bought my Mavic, I was still using my 2-year old HTC phone so the connection was reversed. So I had to buy the reverse micro usb cable. My connection with the quadcopter and phone app was horrible (very unreliable). The RC never lost connection.

Then my phone died, and I got a Samsung S7 as a replacement. Well... the micro usb connection is reversed again, meaning the original one that came with the unit would be just fine. And now I have a reversed micro USB cable collecting dust.

The only consolation to all this is, after several dozen flights, so far, I've only had 1 disconnect between the phone app and the drone (and I think that's my own doing) with the Samsung phone. Oh well... at least now it doesn't take me 3-5 minutes to get the app/live view working before I can take off.

Reactions: bucefalo
i see :p anyway with this cable it's so so much better to handle the RC .. feels much more natural !

Reactions: WizDrone
I am unable to get a connection between the controller and the phone. The phone keeps playing the ding connection tone like the USB plug is being taken in and out. If I swipe the status bar down it flashes up 'Transmit files via USB' with the option of File or Image, but this disappears in less than n a second. I have tried the same cable to connect with a Samsung 10 inch tablet and it works fine, no issues. So this confirms the cable isn't the issue.
I have reinstalled the DJI app but this didn't correct the issue.
When you connected the OPPO r7 plus did you need to change any settings on the phone? Thanks, Shannon

sometimes it happened.. mmm did u reboot your smartphone? try that.. I solved it by doing it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu