DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just saw my first Mavic

SHRED

Reactions
Oh my! :)

I have a line on a P3A with extra battery for $400 but now that I saw this Mavic...wow. I'm rethinking my entry into the drone world.

It seems so much quieter and mobile.

What are some other differences?
Does the Mavic take as good videos and photos?

It's awesome no doubt.
I don't think it can be beat for travel.

I'm most likely now going to get that P3A for that great price, learn on it, then if I still am hooked get a Mavic Pro before a New Zealand/Tonga trip next year.

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
So easy to fly....

I've heard people say "get a cheap drone as your first drone"....and with the Mavic, I completely disagree. It is so easy to fly, really well made, tons of fun to fly.....and the photos/videos are amazing. You'll be hooked like the rest of us here!

I completely agree. The Mavic was my first done I've ever bought/flown and I was super nervous at first since I had never put $1,000+ into the sky before. However, I am so extremely satisfied with how easy it is to maneuver and fly. After the first couple test flights I no longer have any worry about flying it.

Reactions: JHSlayer
I was trying to make the same choice myself the other day, really happy I went with the Mavic. Best $1,000 I've ever spent!

My quick 2 cents.

The P3 is a great machine. Personally I like it's camera better than the Mavics. It's also a difference of $400 for the P3 vs $1100 (with extra battery) for the Mavic. The P3 would be a good entry drone.

What I like about the Mavic.... its portable. If you need something smaller, than the Mavic is great. Perhaps you only walk the drone out to a field and fly. Than you'd not need that portability. The Mavic is much more quite. However, this is not a very big deal. Mavic has forward sensors but to be honest, I don't see this a deal breaker. If you fly the P3 into a tree or a building, it will hit the building. The Mavic will most likely stop. Will you fly right into a tree or building?

The Mavic has it's cons as well. You could buy almost 3 of those P3's for the price of one Mavic. Is this worth what the Mavic will give you? While the images from the camera are of good quality, the field of view is more limited then with the P3. Some people like this and claim is makes for better video. Personally, I like the P3's camera batter.

Reactions: Berm_Rooster
The mavic pro is by far the most durable and potable drone, but that depends on where you see yourself using a drone....for me I use both the phantom 3s and the mavic, more so the mavic as I can pretty much take it with me everywhere I go and with that said I think it's worth the price tag...as for photo quality and video it's a personal choice of how you want to see the image's....is it for your personal preference or for a commercial preference...either way there's plenty of software programmes to edit and view according to requirements...the mavic is well worth the investment

Reactions: MAVA4
So many good responses thank you.

If I get one do you recommend getting a package deal like they offer with extra batteries, etc...or just piece it tougher myself?

So many good responses thank you.

If I get one do you recommend getting a package deal like they offer with extra batteries, etc...or just piece it tougher myself?

You will want extra batteries. You can make do with one, but who wants to wait ages between flights? Best deal is Fly More kit. Shop around for best price.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S