DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Lost my P2 this summer in Malta, behind a rock. Lost video and then the drone. It must have plunched into the sea. Took my loss and now have my mavic. Shame about the footage, because it was a nice boat trip with the kids. I think the fish will have a great laugh looking at the footage.

Great story about people helping people. Very heartwarming. I see lot's of beers for the future.

I think I am as curieus as any one else about the first reunited flight from Pablo. The weather should not be a problem this weekend I think. I live in the Netherlands and it is perfect flying weather this weekend.

Keep reading this post.
Brewsky

Hey man have you made a thread for this? I'm also broken right now because I lost mine yesterday flying over water in Ko Phi Phi. I just need a support group I guess. Here's the flight path:
173226a37a80acababc98d9bb587c034.jpg

@Iemuel: said to hear of your loss. Mine was an old Phantom 2 I lost, with no flight records what so ever. But I might try to figure out on google maps the last place I had control over the bird. I will post that on another thread if I find the spot. Maybe some enthousiast divers take it up as a challenge to find and rescue the sd-card from the go-pro. Pablo didn't think he would ever be reunited with his Mavic and footage, and finally he did. So miracles and good people do exist and maybe for you and me as well. Who knows.

Happy flying all.
Brewsky

Reactions: lemuel
Well, I'm a little late to the thread of "The Adventures of Mavic Mountain", but I'm so happy that I stumbled upon it. I've been doing my research of the MP that lead me to this forum and this story prompted me sign-up. This has turned out to be one of the best stories I've read..I couldn't stop reading it. It's comforting to know that there are still amazing, selfless people in this world. I hope this is a true representation of the drone community and look forward to being a part of it. Looks like @LawFlyer @Starz and @Pablo will get free beers in any state when they're traveling just to hear the story again. If you're ever in Denver, I'd definitely buy some pints. Cheers gentlemen!

Reactions: avalchfan and Pablo
Well, I'm a little late to the thread of "The Adventures of Mavic Mountain", but I'm so happy that I stumbled upon it. I've been doing my research of the MP that lead me to this forum and this story prompted me sign-up. This has turned out to be one of the best stories I've read..I couldn't stop reading it. It's comforting to know that there are still amazing, selfless people in this world. I hope this is a true representation of the drone community and look forward to being a part of it. Looks like @LawFlyer @Starz and @Pablo will get free beers in any state when they're traveling just to hear the story again. If you're ever in Denver, I'd definitely buy some pints. Cheers gentlemen!
Born in Pueblo. Six months later, family moved to Tucson. I do get that way on occasion.

Reactions: pucksclubsndrones
Nicely done. Did you make these yourself or did you buy them? Just curieus.

Brewsky

Stickers from Taco rc. Some cutting on my part to get what I wanted. Wasn't going to cover the whole thing. I think I've heard there may be some better ones out there, so do some research.

View attachment 5226 Added a little color just in case I have to do some hunting. As long as it doesn't get lost in a flower bed, should work!

Looking good! I've ordered a bright red one from that Japanese company Dronewrap. They look amazing quality, and seems to have almost total coverage so will hide all the dents and scratches :D

Stickers from Taco rc. Some cutting on my part to get what I wanted. Wasn't going to cover the whole thing. I think I've heard there may be some better ones out there, so do some research.

Thnx, was a bit lazy on my part. I found different threads about it on this forum on where to get them. for instance:

Skins for Mavic.

I have not decided yet if en which one.

Hey man have you made a thread for this? I'm also broken right now because I lost mine yesterday flying over water in Ko Phi Phi. I just need a support group I guess. Here's the flight path:
173226a37a80acababc98d9bb587c034.jpg
With RTH function available, why wouldn't the drone come back if you lose communication? Is it due RTH altitude not set up high enough? Or is there something else?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tomdog
With RTH function available, why wouldn't the drone come back if you lose communication? Is it due RTH altitude not set up high enough? Or is there something else?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using MavicPilots mobile app

It was set high enough I think, I was cruising over some rocks at 25 meters, and my RTH was 30. I think I was flying too close to the cliffs though, so the signal jammed. No warning too, just black and connection lost. I got carried away with the footage I was getting that I did not bother checking the map.

We rented a boat to go to the area and saw some hawks or something. Ugh, there goes my heart again...

Very close to twenty k views Pablo. Your twenty minutes of fame is ongoing!!!

Reactions: Pablo
It is the story of helping people without any hesitation that makes this story stand out and great to read. And yes high view numbers make people curious, but it's a heck of a story! Everyone who has lost something valuable to them wants to be in such a story. You should sell the rights for the film...

Happy Flying
Brewsky

Maybe they should get together with DJI so they can hookup some form of flight log system. Piece of cake at that point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929