DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Whatever happens I can end up no worse off than I am now. Anything at all from here on in will be a massive bonus.

Mostly I'm just delighted that people would be kind enough to help a fellow enthusiast out. If I do end up getting this bird back and sent half way across the world, what a amazing, heart-warming story that would be!

Whatever happens I can end up no worse off than I am now. Anything at all from here on in will be a massive bonus.

Mostly I'm just delighted that people would be kind enough to help a fellow enthusiast out. If I do end up getting this bird back and sent half way across the world, what a amazing, heart-warming story that would be!
lawflyer and I did some talking last night and it was decided that since I was closer by about one hundred miles, that I could help in the search. Guess what? Have it in hand. Right where it showed on the map! So Pablo, you will sleep good tonight. I'm on my way back to town and I will get back on here later. Some minor damage, but certainly repairable.

lawflyer and I did some talking last night and it was decided that since I was closer by about one hundred miles, that I could help in the search. Guess what? Have it in hand. Right where it showed on the map! So Pablo, you will sleep good tonight. I'm on my way back to town and I will get back on here later. Some minor damage, but certainly repairable.
Very nice to hear. Give us the full story please. Your trip, any obstacles, hardships, video, etc. Thanks!

Reactions: Zorrobazz
@Pablo -- So I was actually in court this morning (I'm a lawyer), so I couldn't post an update.....but looks like we have some bad news and good news.

The bad news is that I can't go look for your Mavic, and the good news is the reason is that @Starz has already recovered it for you!

As much as I was looking forward to the trip, given that bad weather was in our forecast, it just made sense to have someone closer go out there ASAP, and Starz was at least 100 miles closer.

So, I am thrilled that Pablo will get his property back, and hopefully the damage is minor. Really looking forward to some pics and details of the hunt.

MAJOR big thanks to @Starz for jumping in to help on this!

Big high 5 to you guys. Amazing!

Awesome I've been following this thread. It's great to see people willing to help out. Would love to see some photos if you have any. How awesome is that a gentleman loses his drone on vacation and the forum comes together and gets it back.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Fantastic thread! Great outcome too! Would love it if there was any trip video or photos...

@Starz is currently driving back to town from the crash area which was very remote. I think he will be back soon, and I'm sure he will post an update with all the details.

Believe me -- I am just as interested to hear about the recovery as you are!

Awesome thread, I live in AZ as well and was thrilled by the support and help of the local community. Congrats!

Reactions: Turn11
Back in town with a good internet signal that was not available at what we will now call "Mavic Mountain ". No video, but I did get some pictures that I will get in here later. I have some work related things I need to get done before end of day, so I'll be back!!

Back in town with a good internet signal that was not available at what we will now call "Mavic Mountain ". No video, but I did get some pictures that I will get in here later. I have some work related things I need to get done before end of day, so I'll be back!!
Nice work guys!

Impressive helpfulnes! You guys are true heroes! Congrats on recovering the lost Mavic and helping a fellow enthusiast.

-Tom

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: grizzard
Once I started reading this I couldn't stop....................lol.
LawFlyer you & your wife are amazing - by the way kudos - she looks VERY dangerous! You're both so good hearted - have faith in good people.
The fact that Starz chipped in & managed to recover the Mavic is fabulous -what a super story of teamwork right here in a Mavic Forum of all places.
Looking forward to the next chapter in the recovery - Pablo NOW you can say you had a great vacation!!!!!!!

Great job!! Been following this thread with great interest and so glad it was found by people so willing to help out.

Can hardly wait for pics and details.

Once I started reading this I couldn't stop....................lol.
LawFlyer you & your wife are amazing - by the way kudos - she looks VERY dangerous! You're both so good hearted - have faith in good people.
The fact that Starz chipped in & managed to recover the Mavic is fabulous -what a super story of teamwork right here in a Mavic Forum of all places.
Looking forward to the next chapter in the recovery - Pablo NOW you can say you had a great vacation!!!!!!!

So thank you very much -- my wife and I have both been pretty lucky in life, and we try to pay it forward as much as possible.

But let's keep in mind -- the real work here was done by @Starz -- he's the one who took the time out of his day to go recover the drone, so he deserves the credit in my book.

The lesson here (in addition to being REALLY careful with your Mavic) is that there are still some good people in the world (and also some not-so-good). Drone flying is an excellent hobby, and we should all do our best to promote the community and that means we should all look after each other.

pretty cool story, great job helping out! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Blown away by this, well done and appreciated by another Brit completely unconnected to the author of the thread!

Does Pablo know yet?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143