DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I`m on my second Mavic and have the same problem

Enigma

Reactions
Gimbal motor overloaded error, again.

I exchanged my previous Mavic, with the same issue as my current Mavic.
I can get the error to go away if i do the start up upside down trick and it flys perfect.
Its not a App problem because it happens with no app running, and on different devices with no app updates or current updates.

The only thing which is a coincidence is it happens always shortly after a firmware update on each Mavic.
I have big problems getting the firmware to take properly.
Downgrading and factory reset will not solve this issue.
If i was going to guess, i think the firmware update permanently changes something causing this issue.
I have done the usual calibrations, been flying various stuff for 15 years, and i do not fly with the camera dome attached, ever, but use it for transport protection.
My conclusion, because if flys perfect as long as i remember to start up upside down im going to leave it and hope it will not get worse.
Also i use a cooling fan always, which is very effective when updating because is gets quite hot.
If anyone is aware of a proper fix, please tell me, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Gimbal motor overloaded error, again.

I exchanged my previous Mavic, with the same issue as my current Mavic.
I can get the error to go away if i do the start up upside down trick and it flys perfect.
Its not a App problem because it happens with no app running, and on different devices with no app updates or current updates.

The only thing which is a coincidence is it happens always shortly after a firmware update on each Mavic.
I have big problems getting the firmware to take properly.
Downgrading and factory reset will not solve this issue.
If was i going to guess, i think the firmware update permanently changers something causing this issue.
I have done the usual calibrations, been flying various stuff for 15 years, and i do not fly with the camera dome attached, ever, but use it for transport protection.
My conclusion, because if flys perfect as long as i remember to start up upside down im going to leave it and hope it will not get worse.
Also i use a cooling fan always, which is very effective when updating because is gets quite hot.
If anyone is aware of a proper fix, please tell me, thank you.
Man that is a major drag, I will keep my eyes open for a fix, you have removed any protective film?

Reactions: Enigma
yes, i did on both Mavics

Last edited:
I've repaired a couple of Mavics do that, and as long as it's started either inverted or with a 90° roll, the gimbal will calibrate normally, and be stable during flight. It's not normal, but sometimes for whatever reason, that's what we had to do to get it to calibrate. I havent found a hardware or software fix after many repairs. IMU calibration doesnt help, nor does any other calibration. It's a bug in the bird somewhere.

Reactions: Enigma
I've repaired a couple of Mavics do that, and as long as it's started either inverted or with a 90° roll, the gimbal will calibrate normally, and be stable during flight. It's not normal, but sometimes for whatever reason, that's what we had to do to get it to calibrate. I havent found a hardware or software fix after many repairs. IMU calibration doesnt help, nor does any other calibration. It's a bug in the bird somewhere.
thanks for your reply...After flying both Mavics with the same error with no actual flight problems, i think we should be OK, if any further developments occur i will post my results. Its a real shame, because this is a awesome piece of kit. My Phantom vision 2 plus, i never updated and it worked flawlessly for years.

so update 900 had zero effect.
But i have noticed the IMU calibration has a 10 second lag before a reading is produced in the APP. The accelerometers and gyroscopes all read 0.000 to 0.0003 when stationary. Seems im good there.
Also note, when using the 90 degree trick on start up to avoid the gimbal overload message, its only successful when its 90 degrees to the right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60