DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I pad Pro...

Alex El Caballo

Reactions
Hey fellas,
So i have a Ipad pro and have heard that this may be sufficient to edit videos and photos.
Any suggestions on editing apps? Free/ maybe not to expensive out there?
Is Imovie good enough?
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: WesTex
You can find a list of commonly used video editing apps here.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Hey fellas,
So i have a Ipad pro and have heard that this may be sufficient to edit videos and photos.
Is Imovie good enough?
Thanks for the help.

Imovie should be fine..

or you can use pinnacle if you like

Hey fellas,
Is Imovie good enough?
Thanks for the help.

Hey Alex,
I also have a 12.9" Ipad Pro, and I have been trying to decide the best way to use it while flying my Mavic when it comes in... Have you tried doing that yet, or are you just using it to edit video?

To be honest I'm still in the queue for innovative UAS.
I ordered October 15th and still waiting for word.
In the meantime I'm still hunting for another bird close to home.
I'm just getting my options in the editing department.
Not sure how the iPad Pro will work. Maybe a long cable and hooked up to the control as I sit?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's about what I've come up with.. if I'm sitting, it can just be in my lap... or I've even looked at chest harness options.. like a portable desk.. although they look pretty horrible! Haha.

Possibly a tripod stand, although you still lose portability if you would need it..

Went and demo'd the Mavic with a friend of mine yesterday, and used my iPad plugged into the remote and we flew for an hour that way with the iPad attached to the tripod. No, we didn't have to move or anything, so portability was not in the cards or required. He wanted a demo of the camera and work some different modes and settings to answer questions from his viewers in regards to the Mavic and Phantom. It was not a comparison between the two, he wanted my thoughts on keeping the Mavic even after the announcement of the P4P. But with the tripod and the iPad it was very easy to allow him to see the camera and settings while I flew.

Only thing needed is a sun shield.

Reactions: WesTex
Did you disconnect the short cable on the side? Apparently the USB on the bottom won't work unless the side cable is completely disconnected

Yeah, I did. It just didn't like the longer cable. Did fine with the 10'. but not the 25'. I think there was just too much resistance or whatnot. I have charged the iPad on the longer cable, but it did not work correctly with the remote. 10' is plenty for me - besides, I would rather be able to only be a few steps away from the video feed, anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11