DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wish DJI would make one of these for the Mavic:

kodiak1120

Reactions
I'm getting pretty sick of the constant software issues I'm having with the DJI app on Android. I really wish I could just buy some hardware and be done with it. A standalone unit like this would be nice:

ST16-radio.jpg

Well, the new CrystalSky monitor/app system is supposed to be optimized just for the GO4 app so it would eliminate the need for a phone or tablet. But they haven't published an availability date yet. I want one but am worried it will be much too expensive for anyone without an expense account or deep pockets.

Reactions: Birdman5280
Well, the new CrystalSky monitor/app system is supposed to be optimized just for the GO4 app so it would eliminate the need for a phone or tablet. But they haven't published an availability date yet. I want one but am worried it will be much too expensive for anyone without an expense account or deep pockets.

Thanks for the info... Looks promising. I think that would be a solution, since it would eliminate the need for a smartphone and eliminate the compatibility problems.

What controller is that?
I cannot make out the full name.

Thing is you would loose a whole lot of portability which is the biggest selling point of the Mavic.
I only got it because it is so small I can take it everywhere and using the phone almost everyone has with them is a smart move in my eyes.

I don't think that will fit in my pocket .

I'm getting pretty sick of the constant software issues I'm having with the DJI app on Android. I really wish I could just buy some hardware and be done with it. A standalone unit like this would be nice:

View attachment 6489

In addition to my Mavic, I also fly a Yuneec Typhoon H Pro that uses a controller similar to the one you posted, only with 3 antennae. I have to say, it's a nice, comprehensive controller using a built-in Android-based tablet with a 7" crystal clear display. I have no qualms about it whatsoever. It's very roomy and all of its buttons and switches have their own space. However, it does require two hands firmly holding onto it at all times or held in place by a neck strap. Due to its size, it also commands its fair share of space and therefore is less travel-friendly than the Mavic. In fact, folded up the Mavic requires less space than the Yuneec controller itself.

I'm sorry to hear about all of the controller connections too many folks are having out there with their Mavics, especially those using Android-based devices. But hang in there until solutions to your problems are resolved. What the Mavic brings to the table is worth it.

I LOVE the compact size of the Mavic controller and I like its layout, plus I find that it and my iPhone 6S Plus were made for each other. Never a connection problem, never a video or RC problem. I feel comfortable holding my Mavic controller with one hand at times (while it's hovering, while talking with someone, following a mission, heading straight away or up and out to grab some height or distance, etc.). One of the reasons I got my Mavic was to be able to enjoy the overall compactness of the entire flying system, and to have the ability to toss it all in the backseat and take it wherever I go. Not the case with any other comparable drone I know of. My Typhoon H Pro is GREAT in every aspect and I use it routinely. But the large backpack it requires is something you have to take into consideration - and take with you - every time you plan a flight. And holding its considerably larger and heavier controller singlehandedly would not be recommended.

After flying my Typhoon and then next taking to the skies with my Mavic, there remains something to be said for the greater portability and compact controller size the Mavic offers.

It's for the Yuneec Typhoon

Thanks, I suspected that was what it was but I could not find it on their website, I still cannot find it :)

There is a hardware device you can buy to solve the Android software issues ....

It's made by a company called Apple.....

No issues with my iPhone or iPad.

Yes that seems to be true. I have had no issues with my iPhone 6+. It seems DJI is having a hard time making the app reliable across the android platform.

Yes that seems to be true. I have had no issues with my iPhone 6+. It seems DJI is having a hard time making the app reliable across the android platform.

Find a phone that is working well with the app and buy a used one on ebay just to use with the Mavic controller . You don't have to activate it , just clear everything off and keep it in Airplane mode .Wifi and everything else will still work fine .
I've had zero issues with my Droid Turbo running Marshmallow with DJI Go4 or Litchi . I see a couple on Ebay now for around $80.

I sold my Yuneec 500 4k to get the mavic . I never trusted the yuneec over about 700 feet away as the video would constantly freeze up . The controller was nice but I still like the Mavics better .

I've got a Typhoon H and the controller is very similar, I think thats the Remote for the higher-end Yunnec Drone.

Odd as it sounds the Yuneec ST-16 remote is pretty good. Even though the screen isn't as big as my Ipad Mini 4, I never have problems being able to see what I need on the screen.. Sometimes I feel I need to go back to my Ipad Air for a bigger view...

There is a hardware device you can buy to solve the Android software issues ....

It's made by a company called Apple.....

No issues with my iPhone or iPad.
For now. Wait until the next update. Or the one after that. When I first ordered my Mavic, there were reports of people crashing due to an issue that was exclusive to iPhones.

For now. Wait until the next update. Or the one after that. When I first ordered my Mavic, there were reports of people crashing due to an issue that was exclusive to iPhones.
What issue was that? Had an early Mavic and use an iPhone 6+ but never a blip, works perfectly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121