DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idea for UAV regulation MHO

DroneForceOne

Reactions
Hi everybody,

I was thinking about the UAV regulation topic, and i came up with an idea.

First of all, i think that the most risky possibility for a drone flying is to hit something. Even flying or falling from the skies. Imagine a drone being guided by a reckless pilot, ending up with no battery and falling in some1 head. Or a helicopter or plane having a bir... i mean, drone strike, and things like that...

I will not mention Things like privacy invasion, or property damage, as any decent law code must have articles that cover things like that, you dont need another for all this being done by a drone pilot, once still the same crime.

Another thing is, how can you control wether a drone take off, or fly through any restricted zone, as we stated many times here that even when piloting a drone it is very hard to see it as far from 50m. And also, i doubt that any radar system used for aircrafts would detect such thing as a Mavic flying at 100ft. (Please, any radar expert can check the information?)

So, i think that it would be a great Idea if regulation agencies develop an UAV Flight Control System for smartphones.

To have access to this app, you would have to register at the local FAA with all your personalidade data and equipment info, get your login credentials, and before every flight, inform on it your flight plan, or flight area. The app also would provide maps with no fly zones, permanent or temporary, like airports, government buildings, or a 4th of July parade.

With this, it would be possible to UAV pilots to be aware of other UAV's in the area, also, provide accurate control for the government over UAV's with GPS data and everything.

Im thinking on this because one of the ideas here in Brazil is to give the UAV's almost the same status as a maned aircraft. Demanding as many requests as it would be necessary for piloting an aircraft, wich for me, looks extremely stupid.

What you guys think about it? also a Stupid Idea? Just tried to figure out smth more high tech, rather than paper bureaucratic... IMHO.

Check out the AirMap app, which does much of this. Would be awesome if it added a live telemetry option (at least, for warning/avoidance, eg, they could tell you if there's another drone within X meters while you're flying). I put myself up there whenever I'm not just flying near the tree height on my own property (eg, lazy settings test flights). You can see who's posted their live flights at app.airmap.io/

Reactions: DroneForceOne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS