DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideal Mavic case found

Wysiwyg

Reactions
Ideal to me, that is. I found the DJI bag that comes with the Fly More Combo far too tight for comfort. Every time I stowed or removed the copter, it felt like I was going to break something. I was also uncomfortable with how much the tight fit ends up putting pressure on the joysticks. I know many people actually like that tight fit but it made me really nervous and I'm sharing this for the benefit of anyone else who might feel the same as me.

So I found this DSLR shoulder bag Caselogic Memento MDM-101 which is just slightly wider (yet palpably lighter) than the DJI bag. The strap is removable so most of the time I intend to chuck this into my backpack along with other gear. But like with the original DJI case, I can use this as an all-in-one-Mavic-shoot-only case. So far, I am able to fit the following into the bag, with space to spare:

- Mavic
- Controller
- Ipad Mini (yes I'm one of those who prefers that over a phone) with lightning cables
- spare props
- 2 extra batteries
- microSD cards

AND with the extra space, one or two of the following:
- car charger
- power bank for the iPad
- wallet
- sunglasses in a case
- reading glasses in a case

Pretty happy with it so far. Only con at the moment is that the separator in the main compartment is not removable/reconfigurable but it already works for me as is so that's no biggie.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: ajg_kestrel_PFAW
OK I feel like a dumb*** now. I uploaded some photos into a media gallery, and thought I had embedded that gallery into the post above using the toolbar. But it's not showing up. How do I do this?

That's working now. That does seem a bit better than the DJI bag (if not the same quality). I saw it for sale for £15 so I could potentially sell the DJI bag unopened, get that one instead, and make a saving. Tempted.

Reactions: Wysiwyg
That sounds like a good idea @Pablo

Agree, the DJI feels more robust but I'd venture a guess that over time, that artificial PU leather-like finish may not wear as well as the caselogic's simpler polyester material.

Reactions: Pablo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929