DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideas for bike mount for mavics RC?

ssjon7

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding/making a mount for a bicycle to hold mavic's RC w/ phone?

I use a gopro adhesive mount on the back of the controller. Remove the sticker on the controller first (take photo of the serial number for record keeping). Then clean with alcohol wipes and adhere the gopro flat mount as pictured in the ebay listing below.
JJC J Hook & Adhesive Mount & Pivot Arms as Helmet Kit for GoPro Hero 4 3+ 3 2 1 | eBay

Then use a gopro J Hook (pictured in the ebay listing).
Then get a gopro bike mount.
NEW Bike Metal Aluminum Handle Bar Clamp Mount Holder for Gopro Hero Camera U | eBay

You need to modify one of the mounts and turn it into a 2 prong (chop the chrome nut off, preferably on the Jhook). This will make it mountable. What's best is that is quick release and you now have a universal gopro mount on your bike and on your controller. Its very cheap and easy to make.

I will post photos when i get home from work.

Reactions: Hexagon
nailed it :)

w2cdok.jpg

works like a charm, tried active track and follow me while riding.. had full control when needed as well as live image in front of me.. rock solid both rc and mobile

I made this a few weeks ago, unfortunately the joint broke my first time out moutain biking. I think on flat terrain it would work ok.

20170523_205305.jpg 20170523_205325.jpg

The key is to make a double ended elbow joint. Unfortunately the one I made broke. Maybe one made out of aluminum would work better. I've been looking for a piece like the one below but no one seems to make them. This is one I made by cutting off one o the prongs.

20170523_205803.jpg

I've been thinking about designing one and putting it on Kickstarter.

nailed it :)

w2cdok.jpg

works like a charm, tried active track and follow me while riding.. had full control when needed as well as live image in front of me.. rock solid both rc and mobile

Can you link to the specific products used, please?

Be wary of mounting a phone on the handlebars. Some phones the vibration will kill the auto focus motor in the camera. Happened to my HTC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest