DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If u.ve never flown over fog u have to give it a go

Kingkong

Reactions
I recorded my most epic footage by accident recently (keep in mind i.m only a hobbist at this), we were staying by a lake and i decided to go for an early morning flight.

There happened to be lots of low lying fog coming off the lake. It made for really awesome footage.

I was using fpv googles for this flight - it felt i like flying over the clouds - by far the most enjoyable flight i.ve had.

I found it more interesting to fly where there were pockets of water and land so that the fog was localised and i could see clear sky and fog clusters

So if ur scratching ur head for ideas for a flight look on google maps for a local large body of water and wake up early!

Heres to footage from the flight i.m talking about

yup, fog surfing are just like flying in the clouds, very nice vid btw. if you had a thicker fog and a nice unobstructed sunrise its like heaven

Awesome. Fog surfing while in FPV would have been great. Out of interest, what app were you using for FPV? still deciding which way to go myself.

Wow, thank you for sharing this gem of a video. For 18 min. it felt like i was there. Loved your choice of music also :)
Thanks mate, yeah the conventional wisdom is that vids should be 3 min and under but i think its like food, sometimes u have no time and want a quick feed and other times u want to chew slowly (that and i.m no good at editing lol!)

Reactions: Clinton1
Thanks for that. Yeah the cost of the DJI Goggles are a restricting factor for me. This would have been awesome in FPV.
The DJI googles are a waste of money
My phone has a better screen than the goggles so why pay for the goggles

The key though is to NOT use the standard VR gandles and litchi app as it cuts the resolution in half, instead use these quanums which are cheaper and use a pretty good fresnel lens.

The picture u see is like watching a 60 inch TV from a close viewing distance

A side bonus is that it cuts out all light outside so even in the brighest sunshine u will get a crystal clear picture. U really feel like ur flying

How donyou get the quanums to display the image? As in; where does it get its image signal from? Nvidia shield?

Ah ok, they're that kind of glasses. Thanks for the heads up!
They actually come with a screen but i don.t use the screen they come with. Instead i put the phone where their screen would go...

...and i use a bluetooth mouse to interact with the screen!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000