DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you turn GEO off...

saudio

Reactions
does that allow you to fly in no fly zones? I'm not asking this because I want to fly in no fly zones, I'm asking because I have read conflicting answers to this question.

Does turning GEO off remove all flight restrictions from the Mavic? If not, what exactly does that do?

Thanks!

No. GEO updates "live" over the net and allows for managed temporary unlocks, if you disable it it falls back to the old hardcoded NFZs which may be outdated (only updated through firmware updates) and cannot be overridden at all.

If you need to fly in an NFZ and are allowed to you have to use GEO and the authorization process.

OK thanks, that settles it. So, what would the circumstances be that would cause one to want to turn GEO off?

I turn it off because I don't care for all that green on my map. There are just a bunch of private grass airstrips around me that cause all those circles on my map. I fly below 250 feet around my property and neighboring fields only at this time.

I turn it off because I don't care for all that green on my map. There are just a bunch of private grass airstrips around me that cause all those circles on my map. I fly below 250 feet around my property and neighboring fields only at this time.
may i please ask how to turn off GEO? i too need to remove the green overlay on my map view!

I’ve tried everything everyone has said. I uninstalled to go 4 app. Reinstalled it and know where can I find a place to turn off Geofencing. I have a MacBook Pro to zoom and everything’s has been updated. So I would like to know what I’m doing wrong. Can this be done in the assistant?

You can't turn off geofencing, but you can turn off the circles in the map. It is under one of the icons on the map. You have 3 or 4 options for each class of zone.

I have a MP and love it but I must admit, I am a bit jealous of my flying buddy who flies an Evo that has zero nfz restrictions. .

The option that was discussed in this thread is long gone. It was a choice between the "old" and "new" systems while the new one was kinda "beta", now it's new for everybody.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929