DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you want to have "fun"...take a look what is coming...

dlopezjurado

Reactions
Hi you all!
I don´t want to create any alarm
But I´m a follower of this wonderful Forum since 6 months ago more or less

I´ve been following you, and I received a lot of help (and some craziness too) from this forum.
As a fact...YOU were the final reason to make me take the decision of buying the Mavic.
It is terrible from my point of view how DJI is doing about some issues...but even so I´m a happy owner of a Mavic

Living in China since 2 years ago, but moving back to my country in 15 days...I have to tell you that, all you have been discussing and talking about before today, has happened here in advance...so...I just want to inform you what is coming!

The NFZ for the airports, have been increased EXTREMELY to an OCTAGON 40km by 20km (yes...kilometers) plus a 500meters around that octagon as a safety area where is not possible to take off, and if you approach to, you would be advised and some capabilities of the Mavic will be affected.

So...be prepared for what is coming to all of us in a close future...each airport or other main NFZ areas will be 40 by 20km polygon....

TOO BIG...take a look at the link and use any translator if you want to understand...

(for those who doubt, yes, this is NOW, here in China, but as I told you, I´m following you, and everything you suffered and discussed, happened here in advance...so...most probably this is coming to you too! I HOPE I´M WRONG as I´m coming back to my country...)

HERE YOU HAVE THE IMPORTANT LINK: (scroll down to the mid page when you see a RED POLYGON...)

DJI大疆创新 - 安全飞行指引

EDIT: For those who say they cannot see the RED POLYGON even after waiting some seconds and scrolling down the web page...here you have!
upload_2017-6-19_7-37-3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
I shall endeavor to fly around as many international airports as much as possible then. :p Seriously though, those are a bit big. I mean I occasionally fly within 5 miles of an airport, and yesterday the airport I flew near was an international one. As long as I can still clear the flight after getting clearance from ATC, I'm good.

Sorry, I don't get it.
I live in China too (already 3 years in different places) and have been flying different drones all over the country.
The website you linked below just lists common sense flight safety precautions like check battery level, keep the drone in sight, obey national regulations etc.

Btw : the link doesn't have a red polygon for me...

Reactions: ZUCSTA
Reactions: james brooke
I don't agree with OP's sentiments but if you look up the NFZs in China you'll see what he's talking about

NFZs in China are irrelevant to us in the USA.

Well... the DJI site displays indeed bigger area's around airports...
The scale is 1 cm is 20km according to Google

Attachments

• airport.PNG
    airport.PNG
    111.1 KB · Views: 288
Hi you all!

I´ve been following you, and I received a lot of help (and some craziness too) from this forum.
As a fact...YOU were the final reason to make me take the decision of buying the Mavic.
It is terrible from my point of view how DJI is doing about some issues...but even so I´m a happy owner of a Mavic

Living in China since 2 years ago, but moving back to my country in 15 days...I have to tell you that, all you have been discussing and talking about before today, has happened here in advance...so...I just want to inform you what is coming!

The NFZ for the airports, have been increased EXTREMELY to an OCTAGON 40km by 20km (yes...kilometers) plus a 500meters around that octagon as a safety area where is not possible to take off, and if you approach to, you would be advised and some capabilities of the Mavic will be affected.

So...be prepared for what is coming to all of us in a close future...each airport or other main NFZ areas will be 40 by 20km polygon....

TOO BIG...take a look at the link and use any translator if you want to understand...

(for those who doubt, yes, this is NOW, here in China, but as I told you, I´m following you, and everything you suffered and discussed, happened here in advance...so...most probably this is coming to you too! I HOPE I´M WRONG as I´m coming back to my country...)

HERE YOU HAVE THE IMPORTANT LINK: (scroll down to the mid page when you see a RED POLYGON...)

DJI大疆创新 - 安全飞行指引

Here's a comparison between the old NFZ and the new NFZ at Xiamen airport.

Old NFZ:

New NFZ:

That's a significant increase...

That's also the reason I'm still on .400 firmware before DJI increased the NFZ, since I normally go to China a few times a year...

Last edited:
Reactions: dlopezjurado
Here's a comparison between the old NFZ and the new NFZ at Xiamen airport.

Old NFZ:

New NFZ:

That's a significant increase...

That's also the reason I'm still on .400 firmware before DJI increased the NFZ, since I normally go to China a few times a year...

Why wouldn't DJI force update the new NFZ onto 0.400 firmware?
NFZ updates are different from firmware updates.

When you go to a new country, there will be a NFZ refresh. I had it even before 0.800.

Last edited:
...and why would you not follow the local regulations and play it safe when in the vicinity of airports??

Reactions: Brie and MAVA4
OK. Following this argument you can also run red lights at night in remote areas and speed on empty highways...
I'm out

Reactions: JDG and Brie
Fair enough, the amount of **** over there that don't have any sort of common sense means they have to bring in stupid overkill restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi you all!

DJI大疆创新 - 安全飞行指引

Sorry to hear what is happening to you guys in China. I have been following the events via the Beta forum and I had heard about the greatly enlarged NFZ area. I must admit that I never knew it was that big! I also had read about internet registration being needed in order to fly.

I understand that they were testing a new Beta that requires a constant Data connection so that they can log the flight in real time and report any suspicious activity.

I am wondering if that version is the one we are using now Ver 4.1.1? For now this feature would only be activated in China but I am not sure is it this current version or one that is coming soon. Can you confirm if the online tracking is in Ver 4.1.1 App?

Rob

Reactions: dlopezjurado
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE