DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If your monitor device fails shouldn't it still fly wth the controller?

DebianDog

Reactions
I was tracking and testing my theory that all the issues I was having were related to the USB type-C cable that came with my Mavic. I ran 7 flights back to back using an iPhone 6, the built in WiFi, iPad, and Nexus 6P using the bottom USB port and my own cables. Then I put the original "ribbon" USB cable back and set it to hover so if the signal was lost it would not fly up in to a tree since I am in a heavily wooded area if I was flying low when an error hit. Sure enough the DJI go app failed while I was trying to punch out over the trees. With a nearly FULL battery and no trees below me so I was in no way concerned. So...

I restarted the app wouldn't connect, restarted the phone, restarted the controller, unplugged both ends of the cable. Nothing. No control it just sat there, in a hover, at 154 feet. After trying everything I could think of I used the phone as a video camera and shot this video.

Now, my main gripe is what if I had not had another device with DJI Go loaded handy? I mean you would think the joysticks and controller would still work without a device attached. No?

It does, my iPhone 6 died as I was flying off 3 batteries today, the phone expired, it was a few hundred yards away so I flew it back on the controller and landed it as normal.

Well mine didn't yesterday and the video clearly shows this. ;) But today I tested it after reloading the firmware and it seemed to work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience on my very FIRST flight.... at only 25 feet away the connection failed, then the app crashed and froze. I had zero stick input autority, it just sat there 6 feet above the ground and 25 feet away. I finally got the app re-started and the craft connected, then I landed it.

All subsequent flights (only three more so far - bad weather here) were OK, but not a very good way to start out!...

Mine flies fine without the app connected

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Mine flies fine without the app connected

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Yes I tested it after the failure with another cable. At this point I'm sure it has something to do with a crossed/broken wire in that particular cable. That cable is currently in the trash!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My dji go app crashes all the time and it flies fine with just the controller...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya