DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Done With The Mavic!!

thefrisbee995

Reactions
After waiting for like 3 months for Jessops UK (who have been terrible with their communications!!), I gave up waiting last week and got the Phantom 4 Pro... WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!? Seriously, the video quality from it is amazing, the features, the battery life, everything and I thought I would regret it. Been a week and zero regrets. It charges pretty fast on my car inverter too, not going to bother with new batteries, I'd recommend anyone else sick of waiting not to wait any longer and get one.

I have signed up on PhantomPilots now so goodbye for now MavicPilots, maybe I'll be back when the Mavic 2 is released (if they don't screw up next time?).

I uploaded a short video I made from it as a welcome video to my youtube channel so excuse the big titles but check it out! Put it in 4K, the quality is outstanding!!

After waiting for like 3 months for Jessops UK (who have been terrible with their communications!!), I gave up waiting last week and got the Phantom 4 Pro... WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!? Seriously, the video quality from it is amazing, the features, the battery life, everything and I thought I would regret it. Been a week and zero regrets. It charges pretty fast on my car inverter too, not going to bother with new batteries, I'd recommend anyone else sick of waiting not to wait any longer and get one.

I have signed up on PhantomPilots now so goodbye for now MavicPilots, maybe I'll be back when the Mavic 2 is released (if they don't screw up next time?).

I uploaded a short video I made from it as a welcome video to my youtube channel so excuse the big titles but check it out! Put it in 4K, the quality is outstanding!!

Apart from being really compact and very easy to carry in your bag which is really what the Mavic is aimed at ....

Absolutely no point in comparing the two IMO.

The sooner you get over not having a Mavic the better really I'm sure you will enjoy your new drone. :)

Reactions: Snoweman and ZUCSTA
Apart from being really compact and very easy to carry in your bag which is really what the Mavic is aimed at ....

Absolutely no point in comparing the two IMO.

The sooner you get over not having a Mavic the better really I'm sure you will enjoy your new drone. :)
I thought that the mavic would be great given the size that I would always have it on me but the P4P goes in my car just fine and had I of realised the quality put out by the P4P (I bought it without looking into it enough), I would have sacrificed size for quality months ago.

I ordered mine on November 28th hoping it would get here some time in mid to late January and believe it or not, I got mine delivered in 5 weeks on January 3rd.

That's a great video. Great job!!

Reactions: jointeffort
I have a P3S so I'll see you on the Phantom forums...but both have their advantages. The P4 is an amazing drone with lots of features. But the fact that I can take my Mavic with me anywhere at ease is a big selling point for me. I was waiting since October and I finally got it last week when crutch field had it in stock and I jumped on it.

Also, batteries as so much cheaper for the Mavic.

I have a P3S so I'll see you on the Phantom forums...but both have their advantages. The P4 is an amazing drone with lots of features. But the fact that I can take my Mavic with me anywhere at ease is a big selling point for me. I was waiting since October and I finally got it last week when crutch field had it in stock and I jumped on it.

Also, batteries as so much cheaper for the Mavic.

I actually ordered my Fly More Combo directly from DJI.com and I really didn't think I was going to get it so soon. Got the shipping email that it had left China on December 29th and it was delivered at my door on January 3rd.

You see the videos and pics of the size of it and all of that online but not until you hold it in your hand you realize how compact and lightweight it is and how easy it is to carry it with you. I am extremely happy with it. I know I'm going to enjoy it very much.

Good choice if you are into video and quality, to me the Mavic is a chase cam or selfie drone the real work is done on Inspire. Great piece of kit the Mavic but not a P4P.

...flysafe.club for pilots that care!!

Reactions: spiderpig
I thought that the mavic would be great given the size that I would always have it on me but the P4P goes in my car just fine and had I of realised the quality put out by the P4P (I bought it without looking into it enough), I would have sacrificed size for quality months ago.
I still like the Mavic for its ability to easily take it on a plane, the Phantom is going to be much more difficult if you want to travel by plane and bring your drone.

Portability for me is the main selling point for the Mavic. If I wanted to go for video quality, I'd go for a P4P or if money isn't an issue, Inspire 2 all the way!

I'm glad you found your drone OP. Enjoy and fly safe!

If you are still waiting - Id cancel and go with DJI store or someone with regular stock - like Apple or already mentioned Maplin.

One more thing not mentioned often - the Mavic as well as being portable - draws much less attention when outdoors in parks etc. - the colour and size of the controller make it look like you are just using your phone - plus its quieter in the air.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143