DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm new.. Quick Question about gimbal.

CSchu

Reactions
Hey, just bought a Mavic. Arrives tomorrow (wednesday 4/19th). Yesterday was watching a youtube video and the ppl on there said there was something wrong with the gimbal and would be sending the mavic in for replacement. Sounded like it wasn't the first time they sent it in..
Are Gimbal problems frequent with the mavic? Is the mavic's gimbal frail?
Should I purchase the DJI Care Refresh?...
thanks.

I haven't seen anything wrong with the actual gimbal but there are reports of gimbal acting crazy because of the latest firmware. I've experienced it. Nothing to send the Mavic back in for repair for though.

Search the forums, plenty of info on the firmware issues.

Just repaired mine, hit a tree head on gimble was fine did brake a clip in back that holds gamble. Yes I would get refresh and check on State Farm aswell it's cheap and it would cover a fly away. Refresh you have to have a bird to return.

Are Gimbal problems frequent with the mavic?

No they are not frequent and I have repaired many almost all due to crashes. Some people have tilted horizon problems, but thats a small percentage. Other people create their own problems by whipping the Mavic around in sport mode like a 3d helicopter and then wonder why their gimbals malfunctioned. Still others get up to full speed then jam on the brakes. If you want your gimbal to last as long as the rest of the bird, treat it the way you would treat an expensive SLR camera. Steady as she goes.

Is the mavic's gimbal frail?

The gimbals are as solid as any of the Phantoms were despite being a fraction of the size. The Achilles heel is the flat ribbon cable which is as thin as paper and the metal stranded cable that has very thin filaments. As long as you dont hit anything you should be ok.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000