DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not totally blown away?

TheLightSpeed!

Reactions
Had some trouble binding the controller and that was frustrating.... finally got it...

Took it for a quick fly, and it's a little unstable I think? Definitely not as stable as the P4. It's lightweight, and it's noticeable when it brakes or does fast maneuvers....

Maybe I'll grow to love it as much as my P4, I don't know.

I love the design, the portability... it's just not as robust and smooth as I imagined.

Let's hear some first impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Probably will be like my Helis. I'll get a new one and something will be different but I'll grow to love it and appreciate the difference in the end.

So how did you figure out the binding so others can also avoid your earlier frustration. Thanks

Had some trouble binding the controller and that was frustrating.... finally got it...

Took it for a quick fly, and it's a little unstable I think? Definitely not as stable as the P4. It's lightweight, and it's noticeable when it brakes or does fast maneuvers....

Maybe I'll grow to love it as much as my P4, I don't know.

I love the design, the portability... it's just not as robust and smooth as I imagined.

Let's hear some first impressions?

Do you plan on doing any sort of video review?
Haven't seen too many in the wild that are reviewing yet..would help us who are waiting, waiting, waiting.
Totally upto you, enjoy!!

I also got the impression at first that it was pretty twitchy, like p-gain is too high on a diy quad. I dunno though, the footage is still smooth as butter! Tons of features to play with. Coming from the P1 I figured it'll be significantly different though!

I had to pair the controller! It wasn't paired!

I went into the software and hit link RC. Then hit the link button on the Drone. But it took ten times to work

I also got the impression at first that it was pretty twitchy, like p-gain is too high on a diy quad. I dunno though, the footage is still smooth as butter! Tons of features to play with. Coming from the P1 I figured it'll be significantly different though!
The much lighter Mavic will feel like that at first. Can't you just adjust your gains down?

The much lighter Mavic will feel like that at first. Can't you just adjust your gains down?

Wow! Back in my R/C days (80's), to adjust your throws, one had to disconnect the linkage from the servo to the control horn, and reconnect using a different hole. Then in the 90's they brought out the "exponential" radios that could adjust from the transmitter. Today, you can do it from the app on your phone! Yes, the response sensitivity (gain) or whatever can be adjusted via the app...or at least you can on the phantom series.

Ed windham said he had a firmware update yesterday or day before. Was there an update to aircraft or rc listed in the go app? If so did you do the updates?

Yes and yes! There was an update, and I did do it! I've learned with new things like this it's in our best interest to update the first couple times then leave it be!

The only diff I noticed was the IMU warmup was way longer after the update than before!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61