DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imbecile Heliport operator

You seriously underestimate the complexity of providing this system. This isn't just some PC under someone's desk, it has a lot of inter-agency communications involved. It has to stay up at all times, be responsive at all times, be accurate with latest information, supply the notification to all these locations who can't even be bothered to answer a telephone... all under tax dollars that nobody wants to spend.

Then get rid of the notification all together.

Reactions: cdubNga
You seriously underestimate the complexity of providing this system. This isn't just some PC under someone's desk, it has a lot of inter-agency communications involved. It has to stay up at all times, be responsive at all times, be accurate with latest information, supply the notification to all these locations who can't even be bothered to answer a telephone... all under tax dollars that nobody wants to spend.

If they are unable (or unwilling) to provide a way for us to notify each airport/heliport, what's the point in making it mandatory in the first place? Seems like a lot of tax dollars are being spent on regulations that are impossible to enforce.

Reactions: cdubNga
sorry guys but this thing to call an airport to warn them you are flying your drone... seriously? what do you expect the airport(busy busy to do their job..) to answer to this sort of information you provide? I'm speechless...

sorry guys but this thing to call an airport to warn them you are flying your drone... seriously? what do you expect the airport(busy busy to do their job..) to answer to this sort of information you provide? I'm speechless...

I thought about the law. It's all CYA for everyone except the "drone operator."

If and when something happens, the very first thing lawyers gonna ask is if the notification occurred. Yes or no.

No means you're screwed and you'll find out how deep the rabbit hole is...

FAA is clear. Airports/heliports are clear. City is clear. Hey that guy that didn't follow the rules...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929