DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Important: Samsung S7 no longer a supported device

X424

Reactions
Ok so not sure how many of you are aware of this, but the Samsung S7 and S7 edge have been removed from DJI's compatibility list for the GO4 app.

This is extremely serious. I am not laughing.

For any S7 users out there using the GO4 app you should be aware that if you experience an app crash that results in the loss of your Mavic, DJI are likely to say that you were using an unsupported device and not honour your refresh claim.

What I find particularly poor about this is that 3 weeks ago the S7 was listed as a supported device. At some point between now and then it has been quietly removed from the list. I spoke with customer support on chat and on the phone today and they could not tell me when it was removed. All they said was "choose another mobile device".

You have been warned. Use Litchi or another device. If you lose your Mavic while flying with an S7 and the GO4 app, you could be out of pocket £1100.

**edit**

msinger has pointed out that the list I checked 3 weeks ago has not changed since then. This means that the S7 has not been supported by DJI for some time more than that.

**finish edit**

Last edited:
Reactions: gregoz
Both of those devices are still listed on the Mavic downloads page.

View attachment 10419

Well, just to put it out there that DJI customer service agents are saying on chat and on phone that S7 is no longer a supported device.

Edit, I just checked and this is what is showing up:

App / Live View
Mobile App DJI GO 4
Live View Quality 720p@30fps、1080p@30fps(Remote Controller)
720p@30fps(Wi-Fi)
720p@60fps、1080p@30fps(DJI Goggles
Latency 160-170ms (depending on conditions and mobile device)
Required Operating Systems
  • iOS 8.0 or later
  • Android 4.1.2 or later
Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

No S7 or S7 edge in that list....

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Great...... and for whatever reason I have been able to get S7 to work but both my apple devices (ipad mini3 and iphone 5s - report not able to connect??) Anyone have any ideas why they won't connect? I prefer them in the first place just tried S7 as a last resort basically, as everyone seems to think DJI likes apple toys and until this came up I found the same... I did update to latest firmware and I believe the issue began after that - not 100% sure but sounds suspect....

Well, just to put it out there that DJI customer service agents are saying on chat and on phone that S7 is no longer a supported device.

Your list is correct, the second list quoted by the other user is the incorrect one - DJI have made it clear that the S7 is no longer supported due to an issue they claim Samsung must fix and have not done.

John

Reactions: X424
Your list is correct, the second list quoted by the other user is the incorrect one - DJI have made it clear that the S7 is no longer supported due to an issue they claim Samsung must fix and have not done.

John

Hi John - apart from simply having removed it from the list, where have DJI "made it clear" that the S7 is no longer supported? I cannot find any formal statement by them to this effect.

Hi John - apart from simply having removed it from the list, where have DJI "made it clear" that the S7 is no longer supported? I cannot find any formal statement by them to this effect.

In the DJI forums, when people have queried the status of the S7 the DJI staff have explained that it's an issue with Samsung that Samsung won't resolve and they haven't added it back to the compatibility list since then.

John

Your list is correct, the second list quoted by the other user is the incorrect one
If the second list is not valid, can you explain why it's on DJI's website?

DJI did this with my S5 Active which was a perfectly good phone. Had to sell that and get an S7. Now my 4 month old S7 is no longer a supported device.

Now my 4 month old S7 is no longer a supported device.
Until DJI removes it from their supported device list, they are going to have a hard time convincing people it's no longer supported.

Reactions: kellyds
Until DJI removes it from their supported device list, they are going to have a hard time convincing people it's no longer supported.

msinger, DJI don't have to convince anybody of anything. The fact is that there IS a list where the S7 is not listed as a "recommended" (i.e read "supported) device. When S7 owners start rolling up and making refresh claims for having lost their mavics due to GO4 app crashes and DJI turns around and refuses those claims and instead offers them 30 percent discounts on new mavics, where is the convincing exactly? Their ball park, their rules. Until someone has the time, effort and money to sue them as an individual for something worth a mere 1100 quid or form a class action with other motivated S7 owners, no convincing required.

Reactions: FearMe
In the DJI forums, when people have queried the status of the S7 the DJI staff have explained that it's an issue with Samsung that Samsung won't resolve and they haven't added it back to the compatibility list since then.

John

Ok thanks will check that out.

DJI don't have to convince anybody of anything. The fact is that there IS a list where the S7 is not listed as a "recommended" (i.e read "supported) device.
DJI hasn't updated the list you're referring to for quite some time now (since at least sometime last year).

If we go by your logic, should we also assume that the following devices are no longer supported?
  • Ascend Mate 9
  • Huawei Honor 8
  • Vivo X7
  • Xiaomi 5
  • Google Nexus 6p
  • LG V20

Well... IMHO there's no need to convince me otherwise.
Even listed on their supported device list I decided to "retire" it by myself.
I had enough of glitches, bugs, freezes and crashes.

Just reinstalled GoApp 4 on my iphone 6 and it works again - I guess some things never change... You don't have to convince me - I am staying with apple stuff

Did you retire an S7? Was it due to glitches?
Dude, I was so tired of those unpredictable glitches that I've decided to finally try an iOS device.
Unfortunately my old iPad 4 (the 2014 model) wasn't compatible. So I traded it for an iPad mini 4 and, voilà... Flawless control ever since.

I guess is a common sence that iOS devices are more suitable for DJI products.

I have to ask, does it really matter? My Note 4 is supported and I've had nothing but problems with DJI Go 4. Crashes and prevents my wifi from functioning until I force close the app. I told DJI and they said there is nothing they can do. So tell me what is the perk of having a supported device? They clearly haven't been fixing their issues for devices that are supported, do you think it's really going to matter if it's not supported anymore?

Last edited:
DJI hasn't updated the list you're referring to for quite some time now (since at least sometime last year).

If we go by your logic, should we also assume that the following devices are no longer supported?
  • Ascend Mate 9
  • Huawei Honor 8
  • Vivo X7
  • Xiaomi 5
  • Google Nexus 6p
  • LG V20

Going by DJI customer support's take on the S7? Yes, yes we should.

Reactions: FearMe
I have to ask, doesn't really matter? My Note 4 is supported and I've had nothing but problems with DJI Go 4. Crashes and prevents my wifi from functioning until I force close the app. I told DJI and they said there is nothing they can do. So tell me what is the perk of having a supported device? They clearly haven't been fixing their issues for devices that are supported, do you think it's really going to matter if it's not supported anymore?

Good point. But I'm willing to bet that if you lose a Mavic flying with a device that they can point to as being not recommended or supported, good luck with your refresh claim.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000