DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[IMU]heading exception (In Flight)

Grimbart55

Reactions
Anybody got this message? What does it mean? The full message on Healthy Drones reads:

"Warning:[IMU]heading exception (In Flight) please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally"

Was flying in cold weather (-10C) at a very high geographical latitude (Northernmost Finland, 69.37N). Not sure if this is an issue.

I got it to, and here it's sunny, not much wind at all and I'm in the south west of Sweden :p

I got the warning in 10- degrees as well. think it has something to do with that the GPS doesn't work so well in the cold weather...

got it also with nice warm weather full satellite coverage and it started drifting had to switch to sport mode to re-take control of the mavic.

Multiple drones flying around at the same time so maybe that was an issue?

The high latitude would matter if this was an IRS during alignment but I thought the IMUs were being used in a much simpler way just as an attitude reference.

My guess is, you would benefit from doing an IMU calibration with a cold drone that has been off for a while so everything can get nice and cold then when it's turned on do the calibration as quickly as practical.

The IMUs need to be within a certain temperature range for the calibration data to be valid, so doing it when it's cold may improve things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots