DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IN NEED OF HELP PLEASEEEEE...

Reactions
I have purchased a Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation as the battery on my iPhone 6 when using the mavic would die. So i purchased the nexus 7 sole for the use of my Mavic. I even contacted the after sales team at DJI and they assured me the Nexus 7 2nd generation would work.

So this morning my device arrived. I went onto the play store and proceed to download the DJI GO 4.0 app, it installed and i connected my controller to the unit, I logged into my DJI account, I did everything which was asked of me but still no connection between the tablet and my mavic pro.

might need to reconnect. There is a setting (in the remote control section) in the app you need to hit (dont have it available with me right now) and also hit the connection button on the drone (where the SD card goes.) While you have that open, verify the drone is set to RC. That is where I would start.

might need to reconnect. There is a setting (in the remote control section) in the app you need to hit (dont have it available with me right now) and also hit the connection button on the drone (where the SD card goes.) While you have that open, verify the drone is set to RC. That is where I would start.

- Its coming up with a warning on the nexus screen in yellow (your mobile phone wifi is of 2.4ghz, conflicting with remote controller. disable wifi or change image.

- the connection button is set to RC

Also, the Nexus 7 is not listed as a recommended device. The Nexus 7 II is.

Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

on the nexus its saying disconnected on the top left
wifi on the nexus and iPhone has been disconnected along with the bluetooth

Are you connecting your Nexus via the large usb port on the bottom of the controller? If so, you need to unplug the cable from the small usb on the controller (the one your iPhone was connected to). That could be your problem.

Are you connecting your Nexus via the large usb port on the bottom of the controller? If so, you need to unplug the cable from the small usb on the controller (the one your iPhone was connected to). That could be your problem.

Yup...you beat me to the punch! :D

You cannot have both ports connected. It has to be only one or the other.

Yup...you beat me to the punch! :D

You cannot have both ports connected. It has to be only one or the other.

That slipped my mind.

Although, I have found out that you can reconnect the side port once you have connection from the bottom port. I noticed this using my iPad on a tripod.

ok so when i connect the dji mavic controller vis the usb port at the bottom of the controller into my google nexus 7 II it does recognise it. i tried multiple USB to MICRO usb cables and non of them worked even the one that comes with the dji mavic.

now when i connected the nexus from the left hand side of the controller using the micro USB connector which is provided with the mavic. then it detects the nexus.

i tried connecting my phone from the bottom of the mavic controller with a usb to lightening connector and it detected it immediately.

so conclusion is i need to purchase a longer USB type c to micro usb wire as i will be using the nexus on a bracket.

Reactions: Deckyon
i tried that it didn't work

ok so when i connect the dji mavic controller vis the usb port at the bottom of the controller into my google nexus 7 II it does recognise it. i tried multiple USB to MICRO usb cables and non of them worked even the one that comes with the dji mavic.

now when i connected the nexus from the left hand side of the controller using the micro USB connector which is provided with the mavic. then it detects the nexus.

i tried connecting my phone from the bottom of the mavic controller with a usb to lightening connector and it detected it immediately.

so conclusion is i need to purchase a longer USB type c to micro usb wire as i will be using the nexus on a bracket.

My tablet won't connect until after the controller and Mavic have established a connection so I turn the controller on first, then the Mavic, wait until the controller screen is populated, open the app and then plug the cable into the tablet using the large USB connection in the middle bottom of the controller..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11