DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IN NFZ

kcoleman805

Reactions
Today I got this warning on my drone for the first time ever. I'm not sure if it came with the new update or what? I checked the "hover" app and it said I as "ready to fly" but then when I tried to take off it wouldn't let me.

It allowed to me to override it and I did, but I wanted to know what the deal with this is?

Today I got this warning on my drone for the first time ever. I'm not sure if it came with the new update or what? I checked the "hover" app and it said I as "ready to fly" but then when I tried to take off it wouldn't let me.

It allowed to me to override it and I did, but I wanted to know what the deal with this is?
You might be in NFZ or altitude limit zone. I have been using Hover App, but recently found 'UAV Forecast' App to be much better.

You might be in NFZ or altitude limit zone. I have been using Hover App, but recently found 'UAV Forecast' App to be much better.
Checked that app with the location that I was filming at and according to that app, it was an okay place to fly. HELP!

Im stumped. Checked the DJI site as well for their NFZ and nothing was listed in relation to where I was flying.

Im stumped. Checked the DJI site as well for their NFZ and nothing was listed in relation to where I was flying.
If your getting a dialog with 2 checkboxes and a confirm button, your in an authorization zone, and can still fly there, but you should look into why it's an authorization zone. If you actually are in a NFZ, then your drone even be flying. It wouldn't let you.

If your getting a dialog with 2 checkboxes and a confirm button, your in an authorization zone, and can still fly there, but you should look into why it's an authorization zone. If you actually are in a NFZ, then your drone even be flying. It wouldn't let you.
I just realized you responded in the meantime. Then I really don't know what's happening. Perhaps bad GPS signal lock?

Is this app like 45$ a month??

No, there is a Free edition available (IOS App store). This version works perfect (for me). There is indeed an In-App purchase possible, which is EUR 23,99 / year and called "Hobby subscription"

I'm getting tons of NFZ warnings despite not being in them- not a fun situation I hope DJI remedies this as well.

Reactions: kcoleman805
Just turn off Geo Fencing in the DJI Go App 4. As long as you're not in a red zone, based on DJI's site you won't see any warnings and will be able to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580