DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect altitude reading

mph

Reactions
Hi, I have noticed this twice now, after flying around for a few mins, I noticed that the altitude was reading incorrectly, it would show it at 0 ft when it was flying at around 10-12ft off the ground in front of me.
I hadn't taken off from a different level.
The first time I noticed it was when I was trying waypoints and flying around and near a tree, when I ran the waypoint operation it would have crashed had I not noticed and stopped the it. I think this time it was about 7ft off.

I guess I need to do a recalibration, but compass calibration seemed fine, and also imu calibration seemed fine. I was running with 19 satellites at the time.
Any ideas ?

The Mavic uses its barometer for height readings...any change in air pressure will affect the readings. It's quite common for the readings to be off by a few feet.

Reactions: Kilrah
I assume your talking the height (H) reading and not the V.S reading?

Rob

What would be the difference between the two readings and where in DJI display could we found them? Are there superposabile as values (have to )? Thank you

Height value is measured through atmospheric pressure, normal to expect up to 30ft or so of variation in a flight.

VS height is at the bottom right in the app and is a precision reading from the sonar sensors, but which only works up to about 30ft above ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost