DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor flying after latest FW

yamahu

Reactions
Today I flew Mavic indoor same place as before. Before latest FW no problem at all very steady. After update I flew again and Mavic was drifting. I didn't crash but I'm sure it was different. Anybody has some experience??

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I suppose you already tried calibrating both compass and IMU?

Do that first. It's responsible for the horizontal position of the craft

Today I flew Mavic indoor same place as before. Before latest FW no problem at all very steady. After update I flew again and Mavic was drifting. I didn't crash but I'm sure it was different. Anybody has some experience??

New update includes ability to the mavic self test the ultrasound sensors underneath when turned on. Look at the DJI desktop diagnostics to see if there's an issue...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I had a slight right drift today after updating. After switching batteries and thus restarting the aircraft the issue went away.

Do I really need compass calibration if I fly indoor? Well there is something I'm not sure. When flying it switching from GPS to Optti mode or ATTI MODE. Why is that ?

Do I really need compass calibration if I fly indoor? Well there is something I'm not sure. When flying it switching from GPS to Optti mode or ATTI MODE. Why is that ?

its switching to atti mode as it is not picking up GPS. Have you tried wi fi mode for indoor flying?

The Mavic will always drift in Atti mode, that's normal. Only the VPS system ensures a position lock indoors, but only if there is a visible structure on the ground and enough light to detect it.
Never calibrate the compass indoors, always outdoors in a free rural area.

Reactions: mlaczek
Why would using WiFi instead of the RC make a difference
i don't know i asked "if he had tried" Then we will all know if it made a difference i do not know if the building has wi fi connection. Anything is worth a try

I have dark brown wood floors indoors and it's not always consistent in holding steady either

like mine. my mavic going to crazy indoor because the wooden floor (in atti mode). I'm shure the repeating pattern on the floor making her lunatic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme