Indoor flying w/o all the beeping?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by erkme73, Nov 21, 2016.

1. erkme73

erkme73 Well-Known Member

So I tried flying indoors. It worked. Hovered so well, I actually thought it had landed. But, maybe I need a bigger house, but I can't move the thing in any direction without the obstacle avoidance warnings and beeps. I realize I can turn all of that off via the menus, but that's tedious. That, and I'm likely to forget to turn it back on again when done - thereby increasing risks later on.

Is there a setting or mode that I can switch into that will quickly disable the warnings/beeping/limits, that will still provide reasonably safe indoor operation (i.e. not enabling sport mode)?

2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

You could turn off the obstacle avoidance settings in DJI GO. It's really not safe to fly a Mavic inside of a house though. That's no doubt an expensive accident waiting to happen.

Gernby likes this.
  3. CollectiveImagery

Wondering if there is a setting that could disable it for tripod mode only. Can't wait til I finally get my Mavic

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

4. TBMcCormick

TBMcCormick New Member

Not sure if this is what you're on about but while flying indoors I'm turning off object avoidance, in sport mode AND have the radar display off. It's the radar display that wouldn't shut up.