DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor flying

Ryan Reynoso

Reactions
do you have to switch it to a certain mode, or just take off as usual and let the sensors do their thing?

I don't think it is a requirement, but in tight spaces Tripod Mode will be pretty nice.

I believe the default has the sensors on like on the P3/4's on the GO app... better read the manual though :confused:

Just tried in my garage. It started automatically in ATTI mode, then I flew it out and it switched to GPS. When I flew back in the garage, the controller said Opti.

I tried at home and it flew right into the wall without any input besides take off button ... was expecting it to just hover

I tried at home and it flew right into the wall without any input besides take off button ... was expecting it to just hover

were you standing in front of it? i took off from my living room and it didn't move an inch. I walked around it and as soon as i stood in front it nearly backed into the wall. The front front sensors detected something in front so obstacle avoidance kicked in...

were you standing in front of it? i took off from my living room and it didn't move an inch. I walked around it and as soon as i stood in front it nearly backed into the wall. The front front sensors detected something in front so obstacle avoidance kicked in...

Nope it was facing away from me ... I do have a lot home automation electronics and stuff in the house ... maybe it messed with it sensors ... no clue ... but was very sad to see the first flight of the drone crash into the wall ... luckily it wasn't too hard , just some paint on the propellers from it hitting the wall ... it flew fine when I took it outside afterwards ... wonder if I need to check for anything else from the crash

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada