DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor Use Caution

smartin53

Reactions
So the Mavic Pro works great indoors. I was flying it around my house with little issue as a test though it refused to move at times thanks to obstacle avoidance. That said...sometimes it is VERY fast to respond to the controls. I thought I was going to make a small adjustment and it decided to smash into my ceiling instead. No harm done but I was showered in plaster.

I bring this up since its been discussed as a good indoor drone.

Either way its fun as heck to toy with inside. My old Phantom 3 Std slammed into everything it could indoors. The Mavic behaves itself quite well.

mavicinside.JPG

FWIW, I wouldn't attempt to fly any DJI drone inside a house. It's really not a great idea.

FWIW, I wouldn't attempt to fly any DJI drone inside a house. It's really not a great idea.
I agree, but at the same time it handles rather well if you know what you are doing. I'm always one to try things. Not sure what its use inside would be in smaller confines in any event.

Flew mine all around the house, real slow. I have flown 550s in the living area previously so it wasn't a big deal. I've noticed obstacle detection needs to be off otherwise it makes it difficult to get out of trouble sometimes.

The Mavic is very stable indoors. The ground sensors are very accurate and the obstacle avoidance works going forward. It's also much quieter than a Phantom.

The startup noise my Phantom made alone always alerted the Wife to scream NOT IN THE HOUSE!

The Mavic is very stable indoors. The ground sensors are very accurate and the obstacle avoidance works going forward. It's also much quieter than a Phantom.

The startup noise my Phantom made alone always alerted the Wife to scream NOT IN THE HOUSE!

Thats great!

Flew mine all around the house, real slow. I have flown 550s in the living area previously so it wasn't a big deal. I've noticed obstacle detection needs to be off otherwise it makes it difficult to get out of trouble sometimes.
No issue with a 550 that YOU are fully in control of.

The problem with the newer ones is they are full of automatic stuff that depends on a lot of things that are beyond your control and abiltiy to evaluate like GPS reception, floor illumination and reflections etc and as such you never know what they'll decide to do and when they'll jsut go berserk on you.

I'll do it any day with a Naza-based machine, but NOT on a P3/P4/Mavic where I can't force ATTI mode.

I'm still Mavic-less, but I plan on flying inside a little. If you use Tripod Mode doesn't it use the avoidance sensors? So, in your case it's better to fly inside sensor-less? Is Tripod Mode better for low flying outside? Another poster said that the av-sensors worked well indoors....

Uhmmm, "Tripod Mode"... that's what it's for.. SLOW indoor maneuvering. As well as a steady picture/video

I'm with Msinger probably not a good idea in a house.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

When there is sufficient light in the area it can fly perfectly well indoors..when thers isnt enough light for the sensors to track the ground then it switches to atti mode which is not ideal for indoors because it's very twitchy

Reactions: NinjaNut
My Mavic goes slow on the forward trot when in indoor. I guess that it can caused for the front sensor.

Someone did face it? What is the distance for the front sensor affect the velocity of the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7