DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Information if you DownGrade you GO4 app on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkunkWerx's

Reactions
If you downgrade the GO4 app on your Android device you still have to agree to the original DJI TOS even though you agree -- What I have found out is that you will not be able to view your photos or video's from the GO4 app any more!!! -- Please don't tell me to reinstall the App because I have already done it with many of
the past versions and there all doing the same thing --- So now DJI is maneuvering it's past customers into a
corner so they can continue there ongoing agender -- If you want full capability of the GO4 app you must Upgrade to the Lates Version !!!!
So if your on a past version , Do Not uninstall it , this will happen to you !

It's perfectly normal, if you uninstall the app then its data including the media catalog gets wiped... Nothing to do with DJI, that's what would happen with any app.

You can still go browse the files manually, just not in the app.

It's perfectly normal, if you uninstall the app then its data including the media catalog gets wiped... Nothing to do with DJI, that's what would happen with any app.

You can still go browse the files manually, just not in the app.
Really ????? Your data pic's and vid's don't get wiped and even if you do clean your device Data and the apps Data --- The app still will not function, as I explained in my op --- This is not Normal --- Do not spread your false information so people do try then regret it!!
I've seen many of your posts and find them full of your opinions ---- What I am posting is FACT
With all respect to your opinion

Last edited:
Android stock stuff puts media in the shared area. That stays, and standard apps just look at what's there and display it.
The DJI app stores the media in the shared area too and that also stays so you can go browse it manually, but it also stores a catalog of what's there and that is used to display in app. That is in the private app data, which gets wiped when the app is deleted. When you reinstall the media files are still there but since the catalog is gone the app doesn't have a track of them and won't show them.

Never did I say it was wrong, I simply explained that it is perfectly normal behavior for an app working on this technical principle of storing a private catalog for whatever it needs it for to behave that way.

So since you want to play that stupid game... only countering your opinion that
DJI is maneuvering it's past customers into a corner so they can continue there ongoing agender -- If you want full capability of the GO4 app you must Upgrade to the Lates Version !!!!!
with facts about how Android apps work and how it's simply a normal result of some technical choices they made for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Android stock stuff puts media in the shared area. That stays, and standard apps just look at what's there and display it.
The DJI app stores the media in the shared area too and that also stays so you can go browse it manually, but it also stores a catalog of what's there and that is used to display in app. That is in the private app data, which gets wiped when the app is deleted. When you reinstall the media files are still there but since the catalog is gone the app doesn't have a track of them and won't show them.

Never did I say it was wrong, I simply explained that it is perfectly normal behavior for an app working on this technical principle of storing a private catalog for whatever it needs it for to behave that way.

So since you want to play that stupid game... only countering your opinion that

with facts about how Android apps work and how it's simply a normal result of some technical choices they made for whatever reason.
In all honesty the way the Android system is working has nothing to do with what I'm explaining So try to stay on Topic --- Again like I said
if you uninstall any of the GO / GO4 apps from your Android device an wipe all the app's Data completely out of the device ---- Ya know what I'll make it even simpler to understand then what I originally posted so that there are no misunderstandings, the Android system is not the causing of the problem , If you have a clean install of an Android system on your device if you install any of the previous Go / Go4 app's
They Will Not Function Properly -- You will not be able to view your photos, video's or edit from the GO or GO4 app any more.
I'm not playing a stupid game --- I don't make counter posts just to post like a lot of people do --- your not countering an opinion on this matter your countering a FACT If you feel your so right , Try it and don't say I didn't warn you -- if it's not true then you can make a counter post and play your head to head game with me

This might be a FACT for you, but you cannot prove this is a FACT for everyone.

In all honesty the way the Android system is working has nothing to do with what I'm explaining So try to stay on Topic --- Again like I said
if you uninstall any of the GO / GO4 apps from your Android device an wipe all the app's Data completely out of the device ---- Ya know what I'll make it even simpler to understand then what I originally posted so that there are no misunderstandings, the Android system is not the causing of the problem , If you have a clean install of an Android system on your device if you install any of the previous Go / Go4 app's
They Will Not Function Properly -- You will not be able to view your photos, video's or edit from the GO or GO4 app any more.
I'm not playing a stupid game --- I don't make counter posts just to post like a lot of people do --- your not countering an opinion on this matter your countering a FACT If you feel your so right , Try it and don't say I didn't warn you -- if it's not true then you can make a counter post and play your head to head game with me

So first off, you need to chill out and take a deep breath. You're lashing out at others when you've done, with all due respect, a HORRIBLE job of explaining things and making it clear what's going on.

1. Type in complete sentences. Grammar goes a long way in understanding someone's post. You've got tons of run on sentences -- pure stream of consciousness. Also write in paragraphs -- you have random line breaks all over the place.

2. Your assertion about installing old versions on a clean Android installation is totally false. I have a stock Android tablet and have never installed DJI Go 4 on it. I just installed 4.0.8 without any issues whatsoever, and took pics and viewed them in the preview real quick. It works fine, and always has.

3. What Kilrah was TRYING to explain to you (and you refused to listen) is that the pic/video functionality works off an index/catalog system. This means that every time you take a pic or video, it not only gets stored in media, but it also has to be entered into the app's "index" or "catalog" of locations of these pics. It even creates a thumbnail photo as well.

Your DJI GO app doesn't go scanning your media and automatically add a bunch of pictures. It has to know which media is its own. Otherwise, you may get all kinds of random pictures showing up in your gallery in the app.

Because you wiped the app data, you also wiped out those index/catalog files, and now the app has no idea which pictures belong to it. The result is that you won't be viewing your old pics/videos in the app.

4. With that explanation out of the way, if you still feel like we're not getting it, then consider that maybe you failed to explain things properly. You didn't go into any detail hardly at all regarding what exactly you really did. You made a mistake somewhere, and you don't even know it yet.

Reactions: Kilrah
Hey Skunkwerx. I think the app forgets where they were. They are under your DCIM folder in Android.

As for you having to agree to terms of service again, that is because you either allowed the app to call home, or you didn't wipe out all the folders associated with DJI first.

Save your maps folder for downloaded maps: .djiHereMap

Wipe everything out, reinstall, don't let it call home, and replace the map folder with the one you saved. You will never see a TOS if you do that. I am sure you have read my posts on firewalls for this thing. Also let me know if you want 4.0.6. I saved a copy from DJI before it disappeared.

Edit: I forgot to mention, there is also a DJI folder under /Android/ that you will need to erase too.

So first off, you need to chill out and take a deep breath. You're lashing out at others when you've done, with all due respect, a HORRIBLE job of explaining things and making it clear what's going on.

1. Type in complete sentences. Grammar goes a long way in understanding someone's post. You've got tons of run on sentences -- pure stream of consciousness. Also write in paragraphs -- you have random line breaks all over the place.

2. Your assertion about installing old versions on a clean Android installation is totally false. I have a stock Android tablet and have never installed DJI Go 4 on it. I just installed 4.0.8 without any issues whatsoever, and took pics and viewed them in the preview real quick. It works fine, and always has.

3. What Kilrah was TRYING to explain to you (and you refused to listen) is that the pic/video functionality works off an index/catalog system. This means that every time you take a pic or video, it not only gets stored in media, but it also has to be entered into the app's "index" or "catalog" of locations of these pics. It even creates a thumbnail photo as well.

Your DJI GO app doesn't go scanning your media and automatically add a bunch of pictures. It has to know which media is its own. Otherwise, you may get all kinds of random pictures showing up in your gallery in the app.

Because you wiped the app data, you also wiped out those index/catalog files, and now the app has no idea which pictures belong to it. The result is that you won't be viewing your old pics/videos in the app.

4. With that explanation out of the way, if you still feel like we're not getting it, then consider that maybe you failed to explain things properly. You didn't go into any detail hardly at all regarding what exactly you really did. You made a mistake somewhere, and you don't even know it yet.
You fail to understand simple English , I'm not talking about viewing old pic's and vid's, I'm talking about not being able to that feature of the app anymore!!! ..... You and Agent Chang are more then likely the same person ...... What did I not make clear?? You and Him fail to realize is that what I'm talking about is totally removing the app from the Android system then reinstalling any pervious GO / GO4 app other then the latest one ----- Go back and read my op , it's simple so simple you both fail to understand and blame me for my English ??
Get Real, Your idle insults don't faze me so go pull on someone else's Chain , you guy's need to do better then that !! ------- Now it's You and Him that continue to side track and go off topic of my original post. READ the op its simple then I made it even more simple.
I bet its only that DJI Agents don't understand lolllll

This might be a FACT for you, but you cannot prove this is a FACT for everyone.
Try it B4 you make claim it's just my opinion and not Fact ----- I will challenge any Android user prove otherwise

Hey Skunkwerx. I think the app forgets where they were. They are under your DCIM folder in Android.

As for you having to agree to terms of service again, that is because you either allowed the app to call home, or you didn't wipe out all the folders associated with DJI first.

Save your maps folder for downloaded maps: .djiHereMap

Wipe everything out, reinstall, don't let it call home, and replace the map folder with the one you saved. You will never see a TOS if you do that. I am sure you have read my posts on firewalls for this thing. Also let me know if you want 4.0.6. I saved a copy from DJI before it disappeared.

Edit: I forgot to mention, there is also a DJI folder under /Android/ that you will need to erase too.
I have done all that you said I even formatted with a clean install and these were my findings
The DJI trolling Agents are all over me for posting this topic ----- they are justifying my findings by trying to Spam and Confuse my op.
Funny you understand it but they don't

How does your device know there was a newer version of the app previously installed? There has to be some trace of the newer version left over when you install an older version right? Maybe a hidden file? Was the older version of the app obtained from somewhere DJI could not make any tweaks to it?

Try it B4 you make claim it's just my opinion and not Fact ----- I will challenge any Android user prove otherwise
I DID try it and it worked fine for me.

The arrogance is incredible, insulting others telling them they can't understand simple English, while you responding in totally broken English and run-on sentences.

Lose the attitude or forget getting any help from anyone.

How does your device know there was a newer version of the app previously installed? There has to be some trace of the newer version left over when you install an older version right? Maybe a hidden file? Was the older version of the app obtained from somewhere DJI could not make any tweaks to it?
You are asking me a reasonable question and a good one too !! My personal opinion is it could be a silent update added when you download the app from online and once it's in the system it spreads to all DJI files??? , it may even be hidden in the Remote controller software / FW as soon as you connect,
Think of the cause to act like a virus ( I said ACT like a virus --- not IS a virus )
Very good question Nightowl

The arrogance is incredible, insulting others telling them they can't understand simple English, while you responding in totally broken English and run-on sentences.

lolllll ok Buddy look around I don't need any help from Trolls

Next you'll be telling me the GO app doesn't take background updates either ----- I see your having a problem too understanding English!
You Agents are out in Force today , I must have hit another DJI nerve lollllll
Here's a run on sentence for you ---- Your arrogance is incredible by posting your BS in this Thread and then say no one is gonna help me ??
I thought I was in the General Discussion Forum -- So you can Stop your Trolling
I don't find it coincidental that I changed my ID back to the original one I had else where and all the discredit Trolling starts up ----- very interesting
Wow I just looked at your profile and you seem to be very argumentive and arrogant yourself -- go take a look at it
How's that for arrogance !!!! another Troll makes my Block list !!

Last edited:
Okay hothead. I'm not a freeking agent, but you apparently are a social misfit. I did exactly as you suggested. I completely removed DJI GO4 from my Android phone, and reinstalled 4.0.3. I went out and flew, and can view my videos and photos JUST FINE. So get off my back and everyone else's, you screwed something up on your end. And I stand by what I said... This might be a FACT for you, but you cannot prove this is a FACT for everyone.

Reactions: nickmavic
Okay hothead. I'm not a freeking agent, but you apparently are a social misfit. I did exactly as you suggested. I completely removed DJI GO4 from my Android phone, and reinstalled 4.0.3. I went out and flew, and can view my videos and photos JUST FINE. So get off my back and everyone else's, you screwed something up on your end. And I stand by what I said... This might be a FACT for you, but you cannot prove this is a FACT for everyone.
lollll I wish you well lollll
I bet you can also upgrade or downgrade FW from the app too ?????
You can stand by whatever you say , even though I think your full of it So get off my Back

Get off YOUR back? You are the one who made the challenge. Now you want us to back down? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Reactions: nickmavic
Get off YOUR back? You are the one who made the challenge. Now you want us to back down? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
You claim I screwed something up on my end ? sorry Pal it is your end
that screwed up --- obviously you did not log in to activate it.
By doing so you will understand .
I don't want you to back down just don't BS. Now come back in 2mins and tell me the same BS story
By the way -- Who is us ?? in your statement ?? More Agents ??
OMG I point out a finding and all I get are Troll's replying
Agent Chang good luck with your Mavic I'm sure DJI will take good care of you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member