DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insane prices for Crashed Mavics on eBay.

Robbyg

Reactions
I was going to buy a crashed Mavic and take it to work and put it on the bench during after hours and see if I could get a better idea of what components are on the circuit boards and see what other mysteries it might reveal but the prices on eBay are ridiculous. I have seen two Mavics go up for sale, one was water damaged and dead and the other was completely smashed and dead. Both guys wanted $450 for the Mavic! Are they crazy!!
I just watched "Sundays" video of his damaged Mavic and DJI charged him nearly $450 to fix it. Almost all the water damaged or badly impacted Mavics cost the same $450 price Do the math folks.

New Mavic with Battery = $750
Without Battery = $670

Damaged Mavics typically repair cost $450.

A badly damaged Mavic is worth 670-450 = $220 at most

Anyone pay anymore than that your just wasting your money because the part vendors are growing each and every week on eBay. Prices on new Arms/Motor combos are down to $56 new. IMHO any drone that has had a bad crash, especially into water is a ticking time bomb. The connectors, the camera, the motors, everything is a huge failure point which is why I think DJI just replaces the whole thing. The Plastic parts if undamaged are fine to buy used but anything else is just taking a chance.

Reactions: Mister C
Conclusion 1: anyone can ask whatever price they like.
Conclusion 2: get a new one to do your disassembly. If you manage to put it together correctly - good.
If not, you can ask at least $450 for it ;) ;)

Most likely, the folks trying to sell are trying to exploite misconception that replacement parts are not available.

Most likely, the folks trying to sell are trying to exploit misconception that replacement parts are not available.

Bingo! If people knew that parts are available they would never pay these prices.

DJI refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
If the person had DJI refresh they would not be selling it on eBay and if you buy a wrecked one on eBay you cannot get DJI refresh. So that's my point, it is pretty much a worthless hunk of plastic unless you need the plastic parts that are not damaged and those don't come to $220 and that's assuming everything is unscratched which is unlikely.

I was going to buy a crashed Mavic and take it to work and put it on the bench during after hours and see if I could get a better idea of what components are on the circuit boards and see what other mysteries it might reveal but the prices on eBay are ridiculous. I have seen two Mavics go up for sale, one was water damaged and dead and the other was completely smashed and dead. Both guys wanted $450 for the Mavic! Are they crazy!!
I just watched "Sundays" video of his damaged Mavic and DJI charged him nearly $450 to fix it. Almost all the water damaged or badly impacted Mavics cost the same $450 price Do the math folks.

New Mavic with Battery = $750
Without Battery = $670

Damaged Mavics typically repair cost $450.

A badly damaged Mavic is worth 670-450 = $220 at most

Anyone pay anymore than that your just wasting your money because the part vendors are growing each and every week on eBay. Prices on new Arms/Motor combos are down to $56 new. IMHO any drone that has had a bad crash, especially into water is a ticking time bomb. The connectors, the camera, the motors, everything is a huge failure point which is why I think DJI just replaces the whole thing. The Plastic parts if undamaged are fine to buy used but anything else is just taking a chance.
Do you have mavic pro gimbal forward control? If so how much. Thanks

Because people buy them along with other products and send them back to Amazon as faulty

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929