DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inside of the Mavic Pro

I know that many are waiting for their Mavic and I am blessed to have one and have been flying one for several weeks. We are already on our second firmware upgrade and all is well. I really enjoy flying in Sport mode. The craft is super fast and responsive. You can overload the gimbal if you fly like I do. Not an issue for the most part. When you get yours please upgrade, calibrate the IMU and compass. I also did a gimbal calibration. It does not take long and you will be pleased with the results.
Ed, those are all thing I do with any new craft, besides reading the manual 5 times :) I have had both the P2 & P3 and have yet to crash one, I would like to think it is due to learning everything I can about the craft as well as a healthy dose of caution. 300 flights and still going.
PS, I am only 90 miles from you and have flown in your area many times while camping.

What happens when the gimbal is overloaded? Does it overheat,droop or sway back and forth or create circular patterns? Is there a warning that is provided on the controllers screen that says "gimbal overloaded"?

What do you mean by " over load the gimble"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We landed on the Moon with less than 1/1,000 the processing power of the Mavic Pro. In fact, it's probably closer to 1/1,000,000.

Brian
Yes and all the Space Shuttles flew all of their missions on a single pentium386 with 2 other redundant 386s shadowing every command. Think of all the things they could have done if they had a MavicPro . . oh right! . . there's no air up there . . sorry bad analogy . . let's see Pentium i386 2.15 MIPS at 16 MHz . . 24 core Mavic MA2155 processor at light speed?? . . . Hmmmm . . If you are interested in the details of how it accomplishes it's collision avoidance while filming it all in gigabytes of perfectly good 4K UHD video from 1000ft with such a small battery . . . check it out here This is the Incredible Chip That Allows DJI Drones to Avoid Obstacles Without Comprimising Battery Life - Resource Magazine

Reactions: Slat
I see where to solder power leads for battery mod :D

jcAUOKe.jpg

I know that many are waiting for their Mavic and I am blessed to have one and have been flying one for several weeks. We are already on our second firmware upgrade and all is well. I really enjoy flying in Sport mode. The craft is super fast and responsive. You can overload the gimbal if you fly like I do. Not an issue for the most part. When you get yours please upgrade, calibrate the IMU and compass. I also did a gimbal calibration. It does not take long and you will be pleased with the results.

that sounds really good :)

I am pretty sure he means the maneuvers of the Mavic are so rapid or extreme the gimbal can't keep up and keep the camera image stabilized.

I think the new firmware states that gimbal overload is redused if one forgets to remove the gimbal clamp when powering up so the gimbals motors can't move because they are obstructed.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Did you know that one the first manned mission to the moon the first feet on the surface were Canadian?
Yea the feet on the craft :)

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Yea the feet on the craft :)
Actually. . LEM module sensor probes (that shut off the decent motor) made in Montreal . . . I love you can get a beer with that at American bars . . or maybe get punched! . . sorry OFF Topic.

Mavic processor and cameras represents a "giant leap for mankind" in situational awareness when you are flying remote aircraft. Neil would have been envious . . sorry . . couldn't help myself

Reactions: dirkclod
Actually. . LEM module sensor probes (that shut off the decent motor) made in Montreal . . . I love you can get a beer with that at American bars . . or maybe get punched! . . sorry OFF Topic.

Mavic processor and cameras represents a "giant leap for mankind" in situational awareness when you are flying remote aircraft. Neil would have been envious . . sorry . . couldn't help myself
Hey ..I was close :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent