DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Instagram ruins my videos

UncleELROY

Reactions
So every time I upload a movie I made on the GoApp4.0 it looks good in the app and then Instagram ruins it and makes it all pixelated. I am not using the raw data from the SD drive but what's saved in my iPhone from the preview. I would assume it's because of that but it literally looks like perfect prior to it being uploaded, any suggestions?

Not positive, but I think you answered your own question. Plus, I don't know, but is Instagram known for videos? I thought it was more for pictures. If I'm way off that's fine, honest question. But I know if you want the best quality, download media straight from the SD card.

Reactions: UncleELROY
I don't use Instagram, but if it allows you to link YouTube videos then upload to YouTube then link to Instagram

I don't use Instagram, but if it allows you to link YouTube videos then upload to YouTube then link to Instagram
Agreed, but the best quality needs to come straight from the SD card I believe. Full disclosure, I know nothing about social media, so my suggestions could be crap. But I don't think so this one time.

Instagrams video limit is 640*480 and 30sec. It will always be terrible. Check YouTube for how to export for Instagram.

Insta has only just adopted video. Doesnt matter whether video is from sd card or cache, it's pixellated af.

Youtube is good but uses compression.
Vimeo is best but you may need to pay for subscription

Insta has only just adopted video. Doesnt matter whether video is from sd card or cache, it's pixellated af.

Youtube is good but uses compression.
Vimeo is best but you may need to pay for subscription
Now I'm asking for my own clarification. If you are wanting to do something with pics or video, don't you want it of the SD card? Not talking about if the medium is already limited, but in general?

Not to worry the children using Instagram only look at it on cell phones anyway. They wouldn't know pixelated from Pixar.

Still looking for a serious answer from any one born within the last half decade.

I export footage from adobe premiere all the time to throw stuff up on ig and it doesn't look too bad. I'm cutting up full res video and exporting a 1 min segment which ends up being ~ 200mb.

So every time I upload a movie I made on the GoApp4.0 it looks good in the app and then Instagram ruins it and makes it all pixelated. I am not using the raw data from the SD drive but what's saved in my iPhone from the preview. I would assume it's because of that but it literally looks like perfect prior to it being uploaded, any suggestions?
the cache/low quality from smartphone is still a very good copy(720)to upload on Instagram.. mine looks great have a look:
simone (@bucefalo_rome) • Instagram photos and videos
no editing just the smartphone cache file from mavic
[before reading comments out of sense:
is not a quality i'd use to make a movie.. just a ENOUGH good quality for Instagram.. really good one for that purpose ]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82